“And Jesus said to the woman, ‘Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'”
Sunday, January 27, 2019
When We Overthink Our Faith
Our teacher this week is Dr. Jeff Ross, Pastor for Adult Discipleship. The title of Jeff’s lesson is, “When We Overthink Our Faith”. His scripture is Luke 7:36 -50. We look forward to having Jeff lead us this Sunday.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Jan Ligon, Judy & Dal Zierk, and Norma Taylor
Sunday, January 20
Teacher 1 + Guests 3 + Members 79 = Total 83
Sunday, January 20
CUC Fellowship Plans
At Sunday’s CUC Class Mike Story announced the Fellowship Committee’s planned events for the next 6 months.
- Feb 28 – Mardi Gras dinner party at the Bradshaw Farms clubhouse. A “potluck+” where guests will bring salads, appetizers, deserts, etc., and the main entrée will be prepared by the Fellowship committee. Decorations will have a Mardi Gras theme, and wearing Mardi Gras apparel will be welcomed. There will be a $7.50 cover charge for the clubhouse rental and entrée ingredients. Sign-up sheets will start Sunday, Jan 27.
- June 26 – DOD Building CUC Potluck, coordinated by Claudia Phelps, with entertainment, and the same venue as our successful potluck a year ago. Claudia will coordinate information sharing and planning with the CUC at future Sunday Class gatherings.
- Trips – Patsy Lanham is organizing for two potential trips: one to the Chick Fil A headquarters, and one for an Atlanta “Beltline Tour”. More information will be shared in future CUC meetings by Patsy.
- Small Group Dinners – Kris Taylor is coordinating these, and she will be putting out sign-up sheets in March for dinners to be scheduled in April and May.
CUC Class Prayer Requests
CUC now has a prayer request basket at the door where you enter the classroom. These will be read at the microphone at the appropriate time. This is to help eliminate the problem of not being heard when the speaker requesting prayers is away from the microphone. Prayer requests can also be emailed to: Sara Beecham
RUMC Name Tags
RUMC will provide magnetic name tags for you to wear for church events. If you would like one contact Gale Davis to be added to the list. If you lose the magnet to fasten it on, you can get a replacement from the church office.
Youth Hurricane Relief Support
Supplies are needed for the Altar Your Life Mission Project. RUMC Youth will be supporting hurricane relief in Panama City, Florida this spring.
Please consider donating flat bars for demolition of sheet rock, hammers, work gloves, face masks (N95), nail aprons, trash bags (large/heavy duty), shovels, brooms/dust pans, stepladders, insect repellent, sunblock, baby diapers and formula, dry dog/cat food, bed linens, towels, and gas cards.
Donated items may be brought to the collection boxes located outside the Main Office in the Chapel building, in the South Lobby, and outside the Student Ministry office in the Dod by Feb. 8. Information/Questions: Wilson Barber, email@example.com
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu:
- Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti with Marinara
- Italian Vegetable Medley
- Garlic Bread Sticks, Italian Soup, Salad Bar
- Banana Tiramisu,
- Ann McNew – Jan 28
- Lesleigh Coelho – Jan 31
- Jim Lappe – Feb 2
- Barbara Davis – who is still suffering from Shingles which has affected her eye.
- Shirley May – for relief of continuing Shingles pain
- Linda Temples– who had been briefly hospitalized recently following collapse due to calcium imbalance. She is having further tests to determine cause and treatment.
- Rev. Harvey West – Pray for a good recovery following surgery last week for colon cancer
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Feb. 22 – Hearts for Honduras -Lunches for Learning Fundraiser
- Feb. 26 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- Feb. 28 – CUC Mardi Gras dinner party
- Feb. 28 – March 3 – RUMC Global Impact Celebration
- March 22-24 – Acting UP! “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- June 26 – DOD Building CUC Potluck
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament