When he left there, he met Jehonadab, son of Rechab, coming to meet him; he greeted him and said to him, “Is your heart as true to mine as mine is to yours?” Jehonadab answered, “It is.” Jehu said, “If it is, give me your hand.” So he gave him his hand. Jehu took him up with him into the chariot. He said, “Come with me and see my zeal for the Lord.” So he had him ride in his chariot.
2 Kings 10:15-16
Sunday, January 13, 2019
A Catholic Spirit
Scott Dickson will be back with us this Sunday. The title of his lesson is: “A Catholic Spirit”, based on John Wesley’s Sermon 39, from his standard sermons. This week’s scripture goes along with this lesson. We appreciate the insights Scott brings in his teaching.
- Scott Dickson’s Audio Lesson – A Catholic Spirit
- Presentation – A Catholic Spirit
- Text used in Scott’s Lesson
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Betty Smith, Jill Head, and Norma & Dave Hills.
Sunday, January 6
95 members + 3 visitors + 1 teacher = 99
Sunday, January 6
Welcome New CUC Members!
Please welcome our newest CUC members, Maureen and Gene Osborn.
CUC Class Prayer Requests
Starting this Sunday CUC will have a prayer request basket at the door where you enter the classroom. Someone will read these requests at the microphone at the appropriate time.
This is to help eliminate the problem of not being heard when the speaker requesting prayers is away from the microphone.
Blog for Devotions
For those wanting to receive a weekly e-mail of Debbie Goodwin’s devotional blog, go to Debbie’s website at www.debbiegoodwin.net and scroll down until you find the “Let’s Connect” box.
Add your name and e-mail and click “Let’s Connect.”
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu is:
- Meat Loaf with Spanish Sauce, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Herb Roasted Carrots,
- Fresh Yeast Rolls, Creamy Mushroom Soup,
- Salad Bar, Maple Cake.
New Bible Studies in 2019
Start the new year off by re-engaging with your faith through participation in one of RUMC’s many Bible studies!
New studies are beginning, with offerings almost every day of the week, both morning and evening. All are welcome; no previous study required! For more information, visit rumc.com/biblestudies or pick up a 2019 Discipleship Guide, available throughout the church.
Box Tops and Flip Tops
- ** None **
- Barbara Davis – who is still suffering from Shingles which has affected her eye.
- Shirley May – for relief of continuing Shingles pain
- Marisol Roberts – Lynn & Dave Roberts’ daughter-in-law who has been seriously ill in ICU with clogged carotid arteries
Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- Feb. 28 – March 3 – Global Impact Celebration
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza