“Therefore, prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when He is revealed. Like obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had in ignorance. Instead, as He who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct. For it is written, you shall be holy, for I am holy.”
1 Peter 1:13-16
Sunday, January 6, 2019
A Call to Holy Living
Scott Dickson will be teaching our lesson this week. Scott has taught CUC a number of times and we enthusiastically welcome him to help us start the New Year. His topic and scripture is very timely to challenge us to prepare spiritually for the year ahead of us. Scott’s topic is “A Call to Holy Living”, and will focus on John Wesley’s Covenant Service.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Brenda Burrell, Linda & Jim Boswell,and Jackie Hubbard.
Sunday, December 30
Members 89, Teachers 2, Guests 17 – Total 108
Sunday, December 30
New Bible Studies in 2019
Start the new year off by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of the many RUMC Bible studies!
New studies will begin in January, with offerings almost every day of the week, both morning and evening. All are welcome; no previous study required!
For more information, pick up the Spring 2019 Discipleship Guide, available throughout the church, or visit rumc.com/biblestudies
Wednesday Night Out
WNO resumes Jan. 9. Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall.
This week’s menu is
- Pecan Crusted Stuffed Pork Loin with Rosemary Au Jus,
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes,
- Green Beans with Butter and Dill,
- Tomato Bisque, Yeast Rolls, Salad Bar, Chocolate Cake
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Start the new year right by bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Donna Johnson – Jan 6
- Jill Head – Jan 6
- Sara Beecham– Jan 6
- Katherine Simons – Jan 10
- Roger Davis – Jan 11
- Barbara Davis – who is suffering from Shingles which has affected her eye.
- Shirley May – for relief of continuing Shingles pain
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- Feb. 28 – March 3 – Global Impact Celebration
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza