“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14.
Sunday, December 23, 2018
The Word Became Flesh
Don McNew will be bringing our fourth Advent lesson this Sunday. The lesson title is: “The Word Became Flesh”. We look forward to Don’s presentation of the lesson as we prepare for Christmas next week.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Marlene & Don MacLeod and Dee & Bill Scott
We will be graced with the voices of our own Voice Our Faith Sunday School class this Sunday between 9:45-10:15. They will carol in the halls of the Sanctuary and Chapel buildings, as they have done in years past. They want to spread good cheer and a happy holiday spirit.
Be sure to wear your best holiday duds to CUC this Sunday. We will see who wears the most festive sweaters, ties, or socks.
Sunday, December 16
Sunday, December 16
Plans for Sunday, December 30
CUC will meet as usual. There is only ONE worship service on Sunday, December 30 at 11:00 in the sanctuary.
New Bible Studies in 2019
Start the new year off by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of the many RUMC Bible studies! New studies will begin in January, with offerings almost every day of the week, both morning and evening. All are welcome; no previous study required!
For more information, pick up the Spring 2019 Discipleship Guide, available throughout the church, or visit rumc.com/biblestudies
SEL Winter Session
Registration is ongoing for Seniors Enriched Living’s Winter Session which runs from Jan. 8 – Feb. 28th on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
SEL offers 23 different classes and the $50 fee covers taking as many classes as you like. Registration can be done online at www.selroswellga.org or you can mail in a paper copy.
See Bonnie White for a brochure.
- Lynda Leckie – Dec 26
- Jim Boswell – Dec 27
- Brenda Burrell – Dec 28
- Patricia Deaton – Dec 28
- Lynn Adcock – Dec 29
- Bettie and John Goss – December 27, 1961 –57 years!
- Pat and Grady Phillips – December 28, 1963 – 55 years!
- Barbara Davis – who is suffering from Shingles which has affected her eye. She is seeing a corneal specialist.
- Shirley May – for relief of Shingles pain which has been severe enough to require brief hospitalizations
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Dec. 24 Christmas Eve at RUMC:
- 10 a.m. Worship Service with Communion in the Chapel
- 4 p.m. Family Worship Service with Candlelight in the Sanctuary
- 6 p.m. Traditional Candlelight Service in the Sanctuary
- 11 p.m. Candlelight Service with Communion in the Chapel
- Feb 28 – March 3 – Global Impact Celebration