“… Then they opened their treasure chests and gave Him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.”
Sunday, December 16, 2018
Foremothers, Angels, a Star, and Gifts
Our teacher for this Sunday is John Sharp. This will be our third lesson of the Advent season. John’s topic is: “Foremothers, angels, a star, and gifts”.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Lynne & Dave Roberts and Patsy & Bill Lanham
Sunday, December 9
Members 72, guests 3, total 75
Sunday, December 9
Open House at Wright’s
This Friday night, December 14, 6:00-11 PM is the annual open house at the Nancy & Johnie Wright’s. Please bring finger type appetizer or dessert to share.
Carpool if possible and park on sidewalk side of street only.
SEL Winter Session
Registration has begun for SEL’s Winter Session which runs from Jan. 8 – Feb. 28th on Tuesdays and Thursdays. SEL offers 23 different classes and the $50 fee covers taking as many classes as you like.
Registration can be done online at www.selroswellga.org or you can mail in a paper copy. See Bonnie White for a brochure or call for more details.
Evening in Bethlehem
On this Saturday, Dec., 15, journey through an indoor re-enactment of an authentic first-century marketplace, then praise with the shepherds, rejoice with the angels, and bow down with the Magi as we experience the Christmas story together. The marketplace will be open from 4-6:30 p.m. in the Dining Room. Presentation of the Nativity will be at 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. This is a free event for all ages and is open to the community; tickets are not required, but reservations are necessary to ensure an open seat. A suggested donation of $10 per family is appreciated. Reservations: rumc.com/rkevents
If you would like to provide gifts for a resident of enAble this Christmas, stop by the Angel Tree in the South Lobby of the Sanctuary building and select an angel.
Gifts must be returned by Sunday, Dec. 23, to the South Lobby on Sundays or to the Main Office, Sundays from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and Mondays-Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- ** none **
- Marianna and Fred Brown – December 18, 1966 – 52 years!
- Shirley May – for relief of Shingles pain which has been severe enough to require brief hospitalizations
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Dec. 14 – Wright’s Open House
- Dec. 15 – Evening in Bethlehem
- Dec. 16 – 3pm – 13th annual MOS Messiah Sing along
- Dec. 24 Christmas Eve at RUMC
- 10 a.m. Worship Service with Communion in the Chapel
- 4 p.m. Family Worship Service with Candlelight in the Sanctuary
- 6 p.m. Traditional Candlelight Service in the Sanctuary
- 11 p.m. Candlelight Service with Communion in the Chapel