I am trusting you O Lord, you are my God! My future is in your hands.
This week’s Bible verse is a favorite of Bonnie White.
The Epic of Eden
Tom Knight will be presenting the lesson this Sunday. Tom’s subject is “The Epic of Eden” based on a book by the same name written by Sandra Richter. This lesson will focus on helping us better understand the story of God’s plan for mankind.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Charlotte Boroughs, Bob Morisey, Babs & Shaw Skillings, and Diane Stephens
Sunday, November 18
93 members +1 visitor+ 1 guest teacher = 95
Sunday, November 18
Welcome Our New Member
We extend a warm welcome to Margie Avery who is our newest CUC member.
CUC Christmas Party
- Each person will be exchanging a “White Elephant” gift so bring something you want to pass on to someone else to enjoy or not!!!!
- Red gift bags will be available at CUC again this Sunday. If you have been unable to get one they will also be available as you enter the party on December 3.
The deadline for sign up and payment is this Sunday, November 25.
Please contact MariAnna Brown if you signed up and can no longer attend or if you need to give your payment and won’t be at CUC this Sunday.
Thank you and see you at the party prepared to socialize with our classmates!
Christmas for Murphy Harpst Children
The CUC Mission Outreach Committee thanks all class members who responded to the opportunity to make Christmas merry for residents at Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center next month.
This is the last of the four Sundays in November a Christmas basket will circulate during class to accept cash and checks. Approximately 130 young people will benefit from our generosity. CUC is following a suggestion from Murphy Harpst that “CUC could provide a smaller denomination of cash or gift card for every child ($10-$20).”
In early December the church will send a check for the total amount collected saying that the donation is from the CUC Class for young people celebrating Christmas at Murphy-Harpst. Checks should be made out to RUMC with CUC Murphy-Harpst Christmas on the notation line. Teenagers receiving gift cards will be able to shop for themselves! Thank you, class, for your generosity. Questions? Contact Betty or Larry Hunt.
Operation Christmas Child
Thanks from Lynn Roberts and the many children who will receive Christmas boxes from Samaritan’s Purse because of the CUC members who prepared 81 shoeboxes. And thanks to the others who contributed to boxes on line which brought the CUC box total to over our goal of 100.
Open House at Wright’s
December 14, 6:00-11 PM is the annual open house at the Nancy & Johnie Wright’s. Please bring finger type appetizer or dessert to share. Carpool if possible and park on sidewalk side of street only.
A Sunday brunch will be served on Sunday, Nov. 25, at noon in the Dining Room. Enjoy a full, hot brunch menu: $6 for adults.
You are invited to join Rev. Melissa Mobley in a four-week look at The Gift of the Nutcracker. This study by Matthew Rawle takes a look at the Christmas classic The Nutcracker in a new way—through the lens of faith. Join us Sunday mornings beginning Dec. 2 at 9:30 a.m. in the Parlor, Chapel building. Registration: rumc.com/nutcracker
Service of Remembrance
All are invited to gather on Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the Service of Remembrance to remember those we miss. Gather in the Chapel at 6:30 p.m., the service begins at 7 p.m.
- Bob Moore – Nov 26
- Martha Thompson – Nov 26
- Charlotte Dodson – Nov 29
- Doug Tatom – Nov 30
- Pat & Patrick Cooney – November 26, 1960 – 58 years!
- Martha & Bill Thompson – Nov 28, 1958 – 60 years!!
- Nancy & Johnie Wright – Nov 28, 1987 – 29 years
- Jim Adcock for return to good health. He is in Northside Hospital having diagnostic tests and being treated for congestive heart failure and anemia
- Vince Grosse for a quick recovery following surgery
- Malone Dodson for success with his cochlear implant.
- Don McNew – recovering from fractured ribs and back to CUC
Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Nov 29 – Dec 1 – RUMC 1st Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show
- Dec. 1 – Christmas tree and wreath pickup
- Dec 2- 3 PM – MOS Christmas Joy Concert
- Dec 3 – CUC Christmas Party at the Metropolitan Club
- Dec. 7, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 9, 3 p.m. – Christmas Festival Concerts
- Dec. 14 – Wright’s Open House
- Dec. 11 – 6:30 pm – Service of Remembrance
- Dec. 16 – 3 PM – 13th Annual MOS Messiah Sing-a-long