There is one body and one Spirit –just as you were called to one hope when you were called–one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Welcome Dr. Jeff Ross
Our new RUMC Associate Pastor in charge of Adult Discipleship, Dr. Jeff Ross, will be our CUC speaker this week. His subject will be:
- Part 1 Introduction — Who Am I and How Did I Get Here?
- Part 2 Adult discipleship–Ezekiel 37:1-14
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Brenda Burrell, Steve Covert, Frank Foil, and Virginia Hardy
Sunday, July 8, 2018
91 members, 6 visitors, 1 teacher.
CUC Wednesday Night Out
CUC’s WNO will be at Altobelli’s [MENU] this coming Wednesday, July 18, at 5:30 pm. Altobelli’s is located at 3000 Old Alabama Rd., Alpharetta. The clipboard will be passed on Sunday to sign up. If you want to come and don’t sign up, or if you sign up and cannot attend, please call Ann or Larry Douglas by noon Tuesday, June 12, so we can provide the restaurant with an accurate count. At our WNO at Chicago’s this past Wednesday there were 30 present. (38 were expected.)
Must Ministries Lunch Program
A big thank you to our class for the steady contributions of Apples for Must Ministries each week! Keep up the good work!
Continuing every Sunday through the months of June and July please bring bags of apples as you are able and they will be placed with the lunch crews for distribution with the bag lunches.
Our CUC class has made more than 4,000 lunches in the past 2 years and we plan to make still more. The next CUC lunch-making day is next Tuesday, July 17 at 9:00.
Drivers and riders are still needed for delivering the MUST lunches. If you are interested in helping with this, contact Sandy Griffin.
Job Networking Fundraisers
Drop Off Sundays for the RUMC Job Networking Garage Sale began last Sunday, July 8. You may drop off items for Garage Sale with people waiting at the “Scout Hut” starting at 8:30 am and again between and after services. Volunteers will be able to help you unload your car. Drop off Sundays continue all Sundays in July. However, if possible, wait and donate on July 30.
We are not taking men’s clothes or shoes this year. We only want women’s clothes on HANGERS.
Start planning to volunteer at almost any time during the week of the huge Garage Sale Extravaganza August 2- 4th. CUC always has a large group of volunteers working that whole week.
Consider donating homemade baked goods and/or purchasing baked goods at the Job Networking fundraising Bake Sale. Drop off baked goods on Thursday, 8/2, 12:00-2:00 at the south side of Chapel Building just before the portico. Please identify baked item and include your name. Someone will be at curbside to receive your baked goods. The Bake Sale is Friday, August 3, 8:00am-6:00pm Bldg B Room 123-125.Questions? Contact Claudia Phelps.
Last chance to see it! The “Celebration” Exhibit in the Charis Gallery outside the Sanctuary runs through July 16th. Jan Buckley has received the People’s Choice Award for her painting “Grandma Bathing Muffy”. Patricia Mashburn also has paintings in the exhibit.
Acting Up – “Annie”
Don’t forget to get your tickets for RUMC’s drama ministry’s production of “Annie”, July 26 – 27 – [28 matinee 1, matinee 2] – 29. We are hearing it will be a great show! For information and tickets, firstname.lastname@example.org or rumc.com/actingup .
Little Things Mean a Lot!
Apples to CUC for MUST lunches!
Box Tops should be clipped when you see them on boxes, cans, bags you have brought home from stores. You can find a current list of products that feature Box Tops for Education by searching for Box Tops for Education on your computers.
Quite a variety of brands helps schools this way. Many schools collect them. All these items contributed from our class are mailed to Red Bird Missionary Conference in Kentucky to help the Christian school there.
Over the years these Box Tops sent from churches and individuals across the USA have made a positive difference in the school’s ability to provide “extras” such as hall lockers, prizes for perfect attendance, fuel for vans, field trips. These benefits are not part of the school’s budget.
Red Bird Missionary Conference has an excellent computer site. Please refer to it for information about this Methodist center in rural Appalachia.
Flip tops from cans – keep collecting them and bring to Sunday School. These go to support Ronald McDonald Houses
- Edna Smith – continuing her recovery from hernia surgery.
- Mary Serafina at MD Anderson in Houston with her daughter Pam Pruit for a month, for Pam’s cancer treatments. Pray for Pam’s successful cancer treatment
Ongoing Prayer Request
- Pastor Andrew Brunson, wrongly imprisoned in Turkey, his wife and family, and for Terry and Wanda Taylor’s son Kent who is Andrew’s partner in ministry in Turkey.
- UPDATE ON PASTOR ANDREW BRUNSON – June 25, 2018 President Trump made his boldest statement last weekend in defense of imprisoned Pastor Brunson assuring him that he is not forgotten, and we are working on his release. Also, the U.S. Senate is poised to approve legislation that would inflict a significant penalty on Turkey by denying their purchase of our F-35 jets should they not release Pastor Brunson. In addition, the European Parliamentarians are demanding Turkey release the innocent pastor. Meanwhile, Pastor Brunson is in prison awaiting the continuation of his trial this coming week on July 18.
- Lynn & Jim Adcock are settled into their new home at Sunrise at Huntcliff Summit 1. Their new address is Apt 454, 8592 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, 30350
- Jim Boswell – recovered from serious bout of illness and hospitalization and was back to CUC on Sunday
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please send updates on any of our ill or recovering classmates so the editor can keep information current)
- Shirley & PD May – July 19, 1958 …. 60 years!
- Jul 26 – 27th – 28th Matinee 1 – 28th Matinee 2 – 29th – Acting Up – “Annie”
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct 8, 10am – 21st Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat
- Nov 29 – Dec 1 – RUMC 1st Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show