Then I heard a voice telling me, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” I replied, “Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.” The voice spoke from heaven a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
Acts 11: 7-9
Sunday, May 20, 2018
The Mission of the Church
We are fortunate to have Kristin Heiden teaching our lesson this Sunday. Her topic is “The Mission of the Church”. This will be our last time with her as her last day at RUMC is June 10.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Linda & Jim Boswell and MariAnna & Fred Brown
Sunday, May 13
78 members, 4 visitors, 1 teacher
Sunday, May 13
New CUC Member
Please welcome our newest CUC member, Bev Harrell
CUC’s Wednesday Night Out!
The CUC Wednesday Night Out Dinner on May 16th was enjoyed by 24 CUC members. Next week’s Wednesday Night Out Dinner on May 23 at 5:30, we will be at the Olde Blind Dog, 12650 Crabapple Road, Milton. The clipboard will be passed on Sunday to sign up. If you want to come and didn’t sign up, call Grady or Pat Phillips at 770-587-5392 by noon Tuesday, May 22.
Must Ministries Lunch Program
Fellow CUCers, summer is here and that means Must Summer Lunches.
As of this date, we have $1350.00 in our treasury plus $500.00 from the Boswell Foundation that should enable us to make approximately 1600 lunches. Last year we made 2400 lunches and to do that again this year, we will need the funds necessary to do so! We will be passing the hat this Sunday and that will determine the number of lunches we can provide.
We will also be passing the clipboard for volunteers to make the lunches. Y’all were so great last year and we had many volunteers. It takes about 15 volunteers to put these lunches together. We know we can do it again this year! Our first date is June 12, Tuesday, 9:00 am, in the Fellowship Hall. Thank you for all you do throughout the year.
Sandy and Bill Griffin, Martha Jane Mason, Jeff and Lesleigh Coelho, Jim Boswell
From the Fellowship Committee:
There will be a CUC Patriotic Potluck Picnic in the DOD on Wednesday, June 27th! Save the date! Plan to bring potluck and games to share.
Be sure to visit the Charis Gallery in the hallway by the south lobby of the Sanctuary to see the “Celebrate” exhibit which includes an award-winning painting by Patricia Mashburn and also a painting by Jan Buckley and one by Perri Wagner, daughter of Gale & Roger Davis.
RUMC May Senior Trip-Mercedes Benz Stadium Tour
From Andrea Cummings: Join us for a tour of the Mercedes Benz Stadium on May 30th. Meeting in the parlor by 9:00 a.m., leaving by 9:15 a.m. We will have lunch at the Hudson Grille (https://hudsongrille.com/menu).
Tickets are $15 and lunch is on your own. Tickets have to be purchased in advance. As such, I will need payment for your ticket prior to the trip. Please register and pay online, if you can at www.rumc.com/seniortrip. Otherwise, please drop a check or cash off Monday-Thursday. Make checks payable to Roswell United Methodist Church. If you have any additional questions email or call, email@example.com|770.261.1796.
Little Things Mean a Lot! Please remember to keep collecting and bring to Sunday School your flip tops from cans for Ronald McDonald Houses and your Box Tops for Redbird Missions. Thank you for clipping the Box Tops when you see them on boxes, cans, bags. CUC has a basket for their deposit.
- Jim Boswell –Admitted Thursday to Piedmont Hospital for a “heart tune up” and will be there for several days.
- Mary Serafina – following mild stroke which has left her with some problems with balance.
- Jim and Rose Lappe request prayers for their daughter-in-law Melissa Lappe as she will be getting intensive chemo treatments for the next 18 weeks to address cancer in lymph nodes.
- Bonnie White – sympathy on the death of her brother in Missouri
Ongoing Prayer Requests
- Mary Serafina asked that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer.
- Pastor Andrew Brunson, wrongly imprisoned in Turkey, his wife and family, and for Terry and Wanda Taylor’s son Kent who is Andrew’s partner in ministry in Turkey.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.(Please send updates on any of our ill or recovering classmates so this editor can keep information current)
Congratulations to Becky Copeland, daughter of Mary Lee and Dick Copeland who has now earned her Doctorate of Divinity degree. She is assistant professor of religion at Boston University.
- § none §
- Wednesday, May 30 – RUMC Senior Day Trip – Mercedes Stadium
- Sunday, June 10 – Farewell reception for Eric Lee and Kristin Heiden
- Wednesday, June 27– CUC Patriotic Pot Luck Picnic
- Friday, June 29, 7:30 PM, and Sunday, July 1, 3 PM – Patriotic Celebration Concerts
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat