Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here has sent me that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”-
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Happiness or Joy?
We are fortunate to have Michael O’Neal, RUMC’s retiring Director of Worship Arts, as our CUC speaker this Sunday. As part of his talk, which he titles “Happiness or Joy?”, he will share with us several of his poems.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Gayle & George Crolius and Sara & Paul Beecham
Sunday, May 6
85 members, 4 visitors, 1 teacher | Total 90
Sunday, May 6
Memorial Service Information
The service for Carolyn Batterson will be Monday at 11 a.m. in. the Chapel. There will be a sign up in CUC Sunday to help with refreshments following the service. We will be providing the reception after the service. Sandwiches, cheese and crackers, fruit, or sweets would be appreciated. It will be lunch time so probably a little heavier on the sandwiches. Please bring the refreshments to the parlor after 10:30.
There is also a viewing at Northside Chapel Saturday evening from 6 to 8.
‘Tis the Season for CUC’s Wednesday Nights Out!
If you want to come and can’t sign up on the Sunday clip board, call Grady or Pat Phillips 770-587-5392 by noon Tuesday May 15.
Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
For this year’s Believe Ministries benefit on May 10, the CUC Fellowship Committee made this one of CUC’s social events and coordinated our participation.
The Bereans Sunday School Class challenged CUC to a “participation” contest for this event. CUC Class won with 40 CUC members attending!
From the Fellowship Committee:
Patriotic Potluck Picnic in the DOD on June 27th! Save the date! More details later.
Be sure to visit the Charis Gallery in the hallway by the south lobby of the Sanctuary to see the “Celebrate” exhibit which includes an award-winning painting by Patricia Mashburn and also a painting by Jan Buckley and one by Perri Wagner, daughter of Gale & Roger Davis.
RUMC May Senior Trip-Mercedes Benz Stadium Tour
From Andrea Cummings: Join us for a tour of the Mercedes Benz Stadium on May 30th. Meeting in the parlor by 9:00 a.m., leaving by 9:15 a.m. We will have lunch at the Hudson Grille (https://hudsongrille.com/menu).
Tickets are $15 and lunch is on your own. Tickets have to be purchased in advance. As such, I will need payment for your ticket prior to the trip. Please register and pay online, if you can at www.rumc.com/seniortrip. Otherwise, please drop a check or cash off Monday-Thursday. Make checks payable to Roswell United Methodist Church. If you have any additional questions email or call, firstname.lastname@example.org|770.261.1796.
RUMC Travelers Club
Looking to take more trips with the wonderful folks of RUMC? Check out these trips with the RUMC Travelers Club:
- May 29: Mystery Trip – Come join us on an adventure to the unknown – Lunch Included.
- July 26 – July 28: Dillard House Inn and Restaurant, Georgia Mountain Fair, Hiawassee, Unto These Hills Outdoor Play – good food and good times!!
- Sept. 12 – Sept. 23: Broadway in Atlanta presents Aladdin at the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Oct. 01- Oct. 14: Best of Fall in New England and Spirits of Sleepy Hollow
- Nov. 26 – Nov. 29: Christmas at Myrtle Beach. Staying at the Island Vista Condo Resort and includes 2 Christmas Productions at the Alabama Theatre and Carolina Opry.
For more information, contact Cindy Hogan, Secretary, RUMC Travelers, email@example.com | 404-735-3288.
Little Things Mean a Lot!
THANK YOU for clipping Box Tops when you see them on boxes, cans, bags you have brought home from stores. Please remember to keep collecting and bring to Sunday School your flip tops from cans for Ronald McDonald Houses and your Box Tops for Redbird Missions. CUC has a basket for their deposit.
- Pray for George Batterson whose wife, Carolyn Batterson passed away Wednesday morning.
- Mary Serafina – following mild stroke which has left her with some problems with balance.
- Jim and Rose Lappe request prayers for their daughter-in-law Melissa Lappe as she will be getting intensive chemo treatments for the next 18 weeks to address cancer in lymph nodes.
- Aldona & JB Titus former CUC members as JB has been diagnosed with leukemia and lymphoma.
- Kay Swartz the wife of Dick Swartz, the first Church Business Administrator for RUMC, who served during the 1990’s, passed away suddenly of a heart attack on Friday, May 4. Sympathy cards can be sent to Dick at: 5319 Clover Drive, Sheffield Village, Ohio 440345
Ongoing Prayer Requests
- Mary Serafina asked that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer.
- Pastor Andrew Brunson, wrongly imprisoned in Turkey, his wife and family, and for Terry and Wanda Taylor’s son Kent who is Andrew’s partner in ministry in Turkey. Andrew’s trial was begun again this past week and then has again been postponed until July 31.
- Roger Davis – back to class, doing well after back surgery
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.(Please send updates on any of our ill or recovering classmates so this editor can keep information current)
- ~~ none ~~
- Wednesday, May 30 – RUMC Senior Day Trip – Mercedes Stadium
- Sunday, June 10 – Farewell reception for Eric Lee and Kristin Heiden
- Wednesday, June 27– CUC Patriotic Pot Luck Picnic
- Friday, June 29, 7:30 PM, and Sunday, July 1, 3 PM – Patriotic Celebration Concerts
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat