Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we may be saved.
Sunday, April 29, 2018
Anatomy of Peace
Our speaker this Sunday is Allan Kennedy, RUMC Lay Leader. His topic is “Anatomy of Peace”. We always enjoy Allan’s lessons.
Book: the Anatomy of Peace What if conflicts at home, conflicts at work, and conflicts in the world stem from the same root cause? What if we systematically misunderstand that cause? And what if, as a result, we systematically perpetuate the very problems we think we are trying to solve? Every day.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Bonnie White, Mary Kay Mills, and Betty & Larry Hunt
Sunday, April 22
79 members and 4 visitors for a total of 83
Sunday, April 22
Believe Ministries Benefit
This year’s benefit will be May 10, 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. The CUC Fellowship Committee is again making this one of CUC’s social events and will be coordinating our participation. The Bereans Sunday School Class has challenged CUC to a “participation” contest for this event. So, put this date on your calendar and be prepared to sign-up via a “Clip Board Passing”. We don’t want to come in “Second” to the Bereans!
An Evening of Music, Magic, Message and Merriment!
Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
Your hosts, Jane and Greg Davidson have an amazing night planned:
Christian Illusionist Greg Davidson
World-renowned Magician LEVENT
A great Auction
Coffee & Delicious Desserts
Tickets are free; your donation that evening will support the Christian outreach of Believe Ministries.
Order tickets before May 4 by signing up on the clipboard in CUC class or contact
Jane Riley (Davidson), 770.587.1292 or e-mail Jane@BelieveMinistries.org
Your invitation: https://tinyurl.com/BelieveCelebration2018
4th Annual Church BBQ
RUMC May Senior Trip-Mercedes Benz Stadium Tour
From Andrea Cummings: Join us for a tour of the Mercedes Benz Stadium on May 30th. Meeting in the parlor by 9:00 a.m., leaving by 9:15 a.m. We will have lunch at the Hudson Grille (https://hudsongrille.com/menu).
Tickets are $15 and lunch is on your own. Tickets have to be purchased in advance. As such, I will need payment for your ticket prior to the trip. Please register and pay online, if you can at www.rumc.com/seniortrip. Otherwise, please drop a check or cash off Monday-Thursday. Make checks payable to Roswell United Methodist Church. If you have any additional questions email or call, email@example.com |770.261.1796.
RUMC Travelers Club
Looking to take more trips with the wonderful folks of RUMC? Check out these trips with the RUMC Travelers Club:
- May 29: Mystery Trip – Come join us on an adventure to the unknown – Lunch Included.
- July 26 – July 28: Dillard House Inn and Restaurant, Georgia Mountain Fair, Hiawassee, Unto These Hills Outdoor Play – good food and good times!!
- Sept. 12 – Sept. 23: Broadway in Atlanta presents Aladdin at the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Oct. 01- Oct. 14: Best of Fall in New England and Spirits of Sleepy Hollow
- Nov. 26 – Nov. 29: Christmas at Myrtle Beach. Staying at the Island Vista Condo Resort and includes 2 Christmas Productions at the Alabama Theatre and Carolina Opry.
For more information, contact Cindy Hogan, Secretary, RUMC Travelers, firstname.lastname@example.org | 404-735-3288.
Little Things Mean a Lot!
- Mary Serafina – who we heard had been taken ill and hospitalized earlier this week.
- Roger Davis – at home and doing well after back surgery this past Wednesday
- Patricia Cooney who fell at home and broke her wrist.
- Pastor Andrew Bronson, wrongly imprisoned in Turkey, his wife and family, and for Terry and Wanda Taylor’s son Kent who is Andrew’s partner in ministry in Turkey.
Ongoing Prayer Requests
- Mary Serafina asked that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life. She wrote a thank you note to CUC expressing her appreciation for our prayers.
- Bob Davis for improved health
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Mary Lee & Dick Copeland – May 3, 1969 – 49 years
- Sunday, Apr. 29, 2018 – SONGS OF BROTHERHOOD – 4 p.m. in the RUMC Chapel
- Sunday May 6 – 4th Annual Church BBQ 11:30- 1:30 – RSVP to RUMC.com/BBQ
- Thursday, May 10 – Believe Ministries Event – 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- Wednesday, May 30 – RUMC Senior Day Trip – Mercedes Stadium
- Sunday, June 10 – Farewell reception for Eric Lee and Kristin Heiden
- Friday, June 29, 7:30 PM, and Sunday, July 1, 3 PM – Patriotic Celebration Concerts
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat