“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”
Acts 2:1,2 & 4:
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Aging with Promise & Purpose
Tracy Crump, President & CEO of the Foundation of Wesley Woods, and Beth Cayce, a member of RUMC and a member of the Foundation of Wesley Woods Board of Directors, will be presenting our CUC class this Sunday with a program on aging with promise and a purpose.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Myra & Julian Belote and Lesleigh & Jeff Coehlo
Sunday, April 8
94 members + 2 visitors.
New CUC Member
Please welcome our newest CUC class member Jennie Carmical
Homestretch Road Race
The Homestretch Run the River Road Race is coming up this Saturday, April 14th. Thanks to all the CUC members who have volunteered to help with this major fundraiser for Homestretch, which provides a “Hand Up not a Handout” for homeless families.
And thanks to those who are supporting Dr. Tom Davis in the his 5k run in the Congregational Challenge in the race.
HomeStretch Congregation Challenge
Even with the Road Race over there is still time to support Dr. Tom Davis in his 5k run in the HomeStretch Run the River race. RUMC is trying to win the Congregation Challenge with the most donations among 19 congregations.
Checks should be made payable to RUMC with HomeStretch Congregation Challenge on the memo line. (If you pay in cash, please note paid on the sign up sheet in class.) Please sign up and donate to this worthy cause. Questions? Contact Lynn Adcock
Believe Ministries Benefit
This year’s benefit will be May 10, 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. The CUC Fellowship Committee is again making this one of CUC’s social events and will be coordinating our participation.
The Bereans Sunday School Class has challenged CUC to a “participation” contest for this event. So, put this date on your calendar and be prepared to sign-up via a “Clip Board Passing” that will begin next week. We don’t want to come in “Second” to the Bereans! 😛
Little Things Mean a Lot!
- Tom & Martha Knight request prayers for their son Jim’s wife Sharrod’s brother Brandon Williams who is needing a liver transplant
- Pray for Pastor Andrew Brunson, wrongly imprisoned in Turkey, his wife and family, and for Terry and Wanda Taylor’s son Kent who is Andrew’s partner in ministry in Turkey. Andrew’s trial is this coming week.
- Ron Fox brother-in-law of Beverly Tatom and her sister, Judy, for healing, peace and comfort as Ron battles COPD.
Ongoing Prayer Requests
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
- Bob Davis for improved health
Nancy Wistrand reports that her sister who was here from Alaska for several months and attended CUC regularly, has returned home following successful foot surgery here. Also that Nancy’s cousin’s granddaughter Maddie who was severely injured in the recent Parkland school shooting has recovered well physically. Pray for her full emotional recovery.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Bonnie White – April 17
- Bob Leckie – April 17
- ❤ ❤ No April Anniversaries! ❤ ❤
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Concert on the Commons – 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Sunday, Apr. 29, 2018 – SONGS OF BROTHERHOOD – 4 p.m. in the RUMC Chapel
- Sunday May 6 – 4th Annual Church BBQ 11:30- 1:30 – RSVP to RUMC.com/BBQ
- Thursday, May 10 – Believe Ministries Event – 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- Friday, June 29, 7:30 PM, and Sunday, July 1, 3 PM – Patriotic Celebration Concerts
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat!!