“At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid.”
Sunday, March 25, 2018
The Gospel of Love and Light
This Palm Sunday we continue the Adam Hamilton Lenten series on John — The Gospel of Light and Life
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Sandy & Bill Griffin and Beth & Bob Hamilton.
Visitors: 2, Members: 91 – Total: 93
CUC Small Group Dinners
Here is your chance to have a nice evening out sharing food and fellowship with a small group of 6-10 fellow CUC members at one of our homes. The sign-up sheet is being passed on Sundays.
Or, you may contact Donna or Vince Grosse to be added to the list of class members who will be assigned to individual homes for small group dinners during April and May. 66 people had already signed up before this past Sunday. Don’t be left out!
Charis Gallery Exhibit
Be sure to visit the Charis Gallery exhibit of decorated birdhouses which runs through April. Several CUC members, Patricia Mashburn, Sharon Schnackenberg and Larry Hunt, have their artwork exhibited and for sale. Proceeds from the exhibit go to local missions.
Homestretch Road Race
The Homestretch Run the River Road Race is coming up on Saturday April 14th. Volunteers are needed for activities very early that morning such as parking. See Tom Knight if you want to help.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Bob Davis for improved health
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Nancy Wright – March 29
- Nancy Wistrand – March 31
- Sue & George Waite – March 30, 1968 – 50 years!
- Pat & Ron Peterson – March 31, 1962 – 56 years !!
- March 23, 24 – Acting Up – Barefoot in the Park
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat