In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Word was with God in the beginning. Everything came into being through the Word and without the Word nothing came into being.
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Springtime is coming in spite of the cold temperatures this week! Day light savings time begins! Turn your clocks Ahead one hour! Go to bed early and don’t be late for CUC!
The Word Made Flesh
This Sunday the CUC class will be led by Don McNew as we begin a study for Lent based on the book by Adam Hamilton, “John, the Gospel of Light and Life”. This week will be about the Word made flesh and the miraculous signs of Jesus.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Donna & Vince Grosse and Sister & Gannett Backus
87 members, 2 teachers, 3 visitors = total 92
Music as We Gather
Thanks to Bonnie White and her beautiful music at the piano. We are so fortunate to have Bonnie and Virginia Thomason to play for us.
Welcome Our New CUC members
Please be sure to get to know our newest CUC members Debbie and Mark Goodwin.
Charis Gallery Exhibit
Be sure to visit the Charis Gallery exhibit of decorated birdhouses which runs through April. Several CUC members, Patricia Mashburn, Sharon Schnackenberg and Larry Hunt, have their artwork exhibited. Proceeds from the exhibit go to local missions.
Murphy Harpst Thanks CUC
A letter was received from Murphy Harpst thanking CUC for the $1700 donation we sent recently.
Barefoot in the Park
Tickets, which include dinner and the show, are now on sale for this romantic comedy presented by Acting Up March 23-24.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Betty Smith – March 11
- Dianne Stevens – March 12
- Patsy Lanham – March 13
- MariAnna Brown – March 14
- Bob & Barbara Davis – March 11, 1961 – 57 years !!
- Sandy & Bill Griffin – March 16, 1968 – 50 years !
- March 23, 24 – Acting Up – Barefoot in the Park
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat at Winshape Retreat