The Great Commission :
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:19, 20
Sunday, March 4, 2018
This Sunday’s speakers for CUC will be Tracy and Blake Staton who have returned to the US after 18 years in Thailand as missionaries.
They will be here to tell us of their new venture in North Carolina, Equip International
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Jan Ligon, Julianna Goodson, Jane Bailey, and Louise Booysen
70 members, 1 teacher, 4 visitors = 75
Welcome Our New CUC member:
Please be sure to get to know our newest CUC member Jennie Carmichael.
Global Impact Celebration
Life on Mission in the Face of Injustice is the theme of RUMC’s focus on missions. Try to attend one or several of the programs being offered this weekend to meet our mission partners and learn how we can participate in bringing hope . For more information see this week’s Friday Blast or go to rumc.com/gic
Bringing Hope to Honduras One Lunch at a Time
Phil Dodson, Lunches for Learning – Honduras – will be in The Trinity Cafe, across from our CUC classroom, Saturday night from 7-8:30 am. Come learn about this great ministry. Several of our CUC members have participated in mission to one of the schools benefiting from the Lunches for Learning program in Honduras.
CUC’s Mission Partners
A number of CUC members participate in missions providing hope in the face of injustice in our own community. Homestretch is one such mission.
Hugh and Sue Gardner and Sandy Martin assist the staff of Homestretch by working regularly in the Homestretch office. Lynn Adcock serves on the Homestretch Board of Directors. George Waite and Lynn Adcock serve on the Homestretch Finance Committee. George and Lynn and Tom Knight also serve on the Homestretch Race Committee.
Talk to one of them to see how you can be of service to this organization. Plan to volunteer for the Road Race on April 14th which is a major fund-raiser for Homestretch.
Charis Gallery Exhibit
Be sure to visit the Charis Gallery “Celebrate” exhibit of decorated birdhouses. Several CUC members, Patricia Mashburn and Larry Hunt, have their artwork exhibited. You may bid on them to take them home and vote for one of them for “Best in Show”!
CUC Prayer Requests
- Norma Hill for a good recovery following long awaited hip replacement surgery
- Nancy VanHorn – continue to pray for her return to good health after recent bout with flu. She has appreciated all the messages of condolence on the loss of her brother and encouragements to get well.
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Steve Covert announced the birth of a new grandson
- Linda Boswell – March 4
- Johnie Wright – March 8
- March 1-4 – GIC -Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice
- March 23, 24 – Acting Up – Barefoot in the Park
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- August 2-4 – RUMC Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat