(Jesus is praying for his disciples just before his betrayal and trial) “Father, I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.”
John 17:13-15, 18,19
Sunday, February 25, 2018
RUMC Missions Program
Our leader this week is Ayrin Peterson, our RUMC Missions Coordinator. She will speak on the Missions Program at RUMC and the upcoming Global Impact Celebration.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Sharon & Tom Erdman and Lenna & John Sharp
77 members and 1 teacher = total 78
Murphy Harpst Support Continues
We can keep up our support of Murphy Harpst by remembering to always use our Murphy Harpst tags when we shop at Publix.
Correction: Murphy Harpst receives about $3000 from Publix each quarter as a result of people using those tags.
Homestretch Peachtree Tea
The 11th annual Peachtree Tea to benefit Homestretch is this coming Tuesday February 27, 11:00 – 1:30 > . CUC always has a nice turnout to this event and Lynn Adcock has reservations for a full table from our class. Those who are planning to carpool from the church should meet in the area of the parking lot near the vans at 10:15.
RUMC GIC Coming Up
The theme of this year’s GIC – March 1 – 4 >, is Life on Mission: Hope in the Face of Injustice, with an emphasis on human trafficking. Plan to attend at least some of the sessions. CUC will be having one of the missionaries as our speaker that Sunday or members may choose to attend the “Taking Hope to the Streets” session.
Tortured for Christ Needs Your Help!
The Griffins, Davis’ and Petersons have ordered tickets to see the movie Tortured For Christ. It is based on the book of the same name written by Richard Wurmbrand. He was a minister in Romania. After the communists took control he was arrested. He served 14 years in prison because he refused to renounce his faith.
The movie is being shown March 5 at the GTC Merchants Walk Stadium theater at 7:30. Tickets are $12.50. If you are interested in joining
three exceptionally friendly couples, please order your tickets from the below web site. Your credit card will not be charged until they have 44 tickets sold. If enough tickets are not sold by 2/26, the movie will be cancelled. Please join us. Questions? Call Ron Peterson.
Share the Link: https://www.tugg.com/events/tortured-for-christ-movie-t7_o
CUC Annual Retreat
Get your Cans to Church!
Last chance this Sunday! February is RUMC’s month to fill the pantry at North Fulton Community Charities. Remember to bring non-perishable items to the church this month.
Information about Water Filters Mission
Our recent CUC speaker, Dr. Ron Greer, talked about a mission of providing water filters to decrease waterborne illness in impoverished developing countries. For more information about this mission you can go to uzimafilters.org
CUC Prayer Requests
- Jane Bailey on the death last Monday of her father at the age of 99
- Linda Mooney’s husband Bob – for good recovery from his back surgery
- Nancy VanHorn – pray for a return of good health following a short stay in North Fulton Hospital this past week
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
- Rose & Jim Lappe’s daughter-in-law will require only minor surgery to remove slow growing tumor
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Jane Bailey – February 25
- Marlene MacLeod – February 27
- Jeannie Ehlers – February 28
- Linda & Tom Cantrell – February 27,1965 – 53 years!
- Stella & Wilfred Boayue – February 27, 1972- 46 years
- Tuesday, February 27 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- March 1-4 – GIC -Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice
- March 23-24 – Acting Up’s Barefoot in the Park
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- October 31, November 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat