Sunday, February 18, 2018
Doris Westbrook will be our CUC speaker this Sunday. Doris has the record of being a member of RUMC longer than anyone else and is a frequent speaker in the Seekers Class.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Jan & Allen Buckley and Gale & Roger Davis
79 CUC members + 1 visitor +1 speaker = 81
Murphy Harpst Update
Nine CUC members went to Murphy Harpst on Saturday, February 10th to put on a well-received February birthday party for the residents there.
Now the rest of us can keep up our support of Murphy Harpst by remembering to always use our Murphy Harpst tags when we shop at Publix. Murphy Harpst receives about $3000 from Publix each month as a result of people using those tags.
Homestretch Peachtree Tea
The 11th annual Peachtree Tea to benefit Homestretch will be held February 27, 11:00 – 1:30 at the Country Club of the South with a champagne reception, luncheon and auction. CUC always has a nice turnout to this event and Lynn Adcock would like to get a full table or more together from our class.
So far at least 10 CUC members are planning to attend. Contact Lynn or sign up on the sheet being passed on Sunday if you are interested in supporting Homestretch and attending. Tickets are $80.
RUMC GIC Coming Up
The theme of this year’s GIC, March 1-4, is Life on Mission: Hope in the Face of Injustice, with an emphasis on human trafficking. Plan to attend at least some of the sessions. CUC will be having one of the missionaries as our speaker that Sunday or members may choose to attend the “Taking Hope to the Streets” session.
Tortured for Christ Needs Your Help!
The Griffins, Davis’ and Petersons have ordered tickets to see the movie Tortured For Christ.
It is based on the book of the same name written by Richard Wurmbrand. He was a minister in Romania. After the communists took control he was arrested. He served 14 years in prison because he refused to renounce his faith. The movie is being shown March 5 at the GTC Merchants Walk Stadium theater at 7:30. Tickets are $12.50.
If you are interested in joining three exceptionally friendly couples, please order your tickets from the below web site. Your credit card will not be charged until they have 44 tickets sold. If enough tickets are not sold by 2/26, the movie will be cancelled.
Please join us. Share the Link: https://www.tugg.com/events/tortured-for-christ-movie-t7_o
Questions? Call Ron Peterson.
CUC Annual Retreat
Our 2018 CUC RETREAT will be back at WINSHAPE Retreat Center located on BERRY COLLEGE CAMPUS, October 31, Nov. 1 & 2. Mark your calendars now so you won’t miss this outstanding event.
Get your Cans to Church!
February is RUMC’s month to fill the pantry at North Fulton Community Charities. Remember to bring non-perishable items to the church this month.
Information about Water Filters Mission
Our recent CUC speaker, Dr. Ron Greer, talked about a mission of providing water filters to decrease waterborne illness in impoverished developing countries. For more information about this mission you can go to uzimafilters.org
CUC Prayer Requests
- Brenda Burrell requests ongoing prayers for her family, especially her daughter Jen and 3 grandson’s
- Linda Mooney’s husband Bob – that his back surgery this past Wednesday is successful
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
- Nancy Van Horn’s brother, Bert Fridlin, passed away Friday morning. She requests prayers for the family. Bert had lymphoma for 20 years so he greatly beat the odds. (Bert was a fraternity brother of Shaw Skilling)
- Nancy Wistrand requests prayers for Maddy Wilford and her family. Maddie was shot 3 times in the school shooting in FL. She is the grand daughter of Nancy’s cousin Jim. She has undergone at least 2 surgeries. Her mother, Missy Wilford, is from Marietta.
- Jim Adcock is back to CUC, recovering from his hip fracture
- Lynn Adcock’s mother celebrated her 100th birthday recently
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Jim Adcock
- Tom Erdman
- Dee Scott
- Babs Skilling
- Cecelia Moore
- Judy Zierk
- Lara Deaton
- Tuesday, February 27 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- March 1-4 – GIC -Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- October 31, November 1,2 – CUC Annual Retreat