Sunday, February 11, 2018
Travelling with My Eyes Up!
This Sunday we again welcome Rusty Gordon as our CUC speaker. He is planning to give his lesson on “Travelling with My Eyes Up!”. Rusty always presents a lesson that is both fun and insightful.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Sharon & Bob Schnakenberg and LaVerne Lamb & Dick Anthony
We are thankful to have Virginia Thomason at the piano providing beautiful music as we gather each week.
73 members + 1 visitor + 1 speaker = 75
Murphy Harpst Donations
Sunday the CUC Class voted to make a contribution of $1,000 to the Murphy Harpst Children’s Home. Because of the additional generosity of some CUC class members, the check to Murphy Harpst will be for $1,700 to be taken when representatives of our class go to host the February birthday party .
Thank you, CUC Class, for generously supporting efforts to make our fourth annual birthday party at Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center this Saturday, February 10th, a success.
Homestretch Peachtree Tea
The 11th annual Peachtree Tea to benefit Homestretch will be held February 27, 11:00 – 1:30 at the Country Club of the South with a champagne reception, luncheon and auction.
CUC always has a nice turnout to this event and Lynn Adcock would like to get at least a full table together from our class. So far 8 CUC members are planning to attend. Contact Lynn or sign up on the sheet being passed on Sunday if you are interested in supporting Homestretch and attending. Tickets are $80.
Get your Cans to Church!
February is RUMC’s month to fill the pantry at North Fulton Community Charities. Remember to bring non-perishable items to the church this month.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Rose and Jim Lappe and family on the loss of their son, Jason. The service is Friday, Feb. 9 at 11:00 A. M. in The Chapel Roswell officiated by Eric Lee. (In lieu of flowers donations are requested to Murphy Harpst 740 Fletcher Street, Cedartown, GA 30125-3249).
- Mary Serafina asks that we continue to pray for her daughter Pam Pruit as she battles cancer. Pam feels your prayers and feels God’s hand on her life.
- Dave Taylor on the loss of his mother Carolyn, 92, who died Tuesday. She was hospitalized on Saturday with double pneumonia and sepsis. She never regained consciousness. Dave and his sister were with her at the end and said it was peaceful. It is sad but good. We rejoice that she has been healed completely and reunited with her Lord and her beloved husband of 60 years
- Nancy VanHorn’s brother – pray for continued improvement of blood and liver disorder
- Jim Adcock continues recovery from hip fracture back at home
- Johnie Johnson – back to CUC following knee replacement
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Betty Robertson – February 11
- Pat Cooney – February 15
- Saturday, February 10 – Birthday Party at Murphy Harpst
- February 9 -10 RUMC Women’s Retreat
- Tuesday, February 27– Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- March 1-4 – GIC -Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River