And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Sunday, January 21, 2018
Our CUC speaker this Sunday is our own Jeff Coelho. His topic is “Why Me?”, using the scripture above.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Janet Thomas, Steve Covert, Brenda Burrell, and Jill Head.
79 members + 8 visitors for a total of 86
Super Bowl Party Another Change of Venue!
Our CUC Super Bowl Party on Feb 4, at 5:30,will be at The Mellow Mushroom, at 935 Woodstock Road. The price is $23. Checks should be written to CUC.
Cheese pretzel bites, pizza and salad buffet, dessert, and non alcoholic beverages are included.
Cash bar. It is going to be a good party! We will pass sign up sheet again on Sunday. Sign up and checks due by January 28. For questions contact Jeff Coelho or MariAnna Brown.
Murphy Harpst Birthday Party
Plans are being made and items gathered for the 3rd annual CUC – sponsored Murphy Harpst February birthday party on February 10th,
Please continue to use the Murphy Harpst tags each time you shop at Publix.
Also keep collecting those Boxtops for Education to place in the basket available each week at CUC.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Bob Schnakenberg is on his way out to California to be with his sister Joan who has been put on Hospice.
- Jim Adcock at H.G. Rhodes Rehab in Marietta for rehab following hip fracture
- Donna Grosse for continued good recovery following gall bladder removal
- Norma Hills – at home awaiting hip replacement the end of February
- Johnny Johnson for good recovery following knee replacement
- Bonnie White – still recovering from bad bout of pneumonia
- Hugh Gardner’s brother Peter had successful surgery on Jan. 10 to remove part of his liver with a malignant growth. He is now home recuperating and regaining his strength.
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro at Sandy Springs Place in Sandy Springs.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- — none —
- Sister & Gannett Bachus – January 22, 1972 – 46 years
- Wednesday, January 24 – Margaret Mitchell House Tour
- Sunday, February 4 – CUC Superbowl Party
- Saturday, February 10 – Birthday Party at Murphy Harpst
- Saturday, February 10 -Lunches for Learning Valentine’s event at Founder’s Hall
- February 9 -10 RUMC Women’s Retreat
- Tuesday, February 27– Homestretch Peachtree Tea
- March 1-4 – GIC -Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River