After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Is Heaven Real?
This Sunday’s CUC speaker will be our own Paul Beecham. He has chosen for his subject “Is Heaven Real?”. Paul always brings us an interesting and thought-provoking lesson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Judy & Dal Zierk and Kris & Dave Taylor
76 members + 2 visitors = 78
CUC Class Contributions
Super Bowl Party – Change of Plans
Our CUC Super Bowl Party on Feb 4, at 5:30,will be at Houck’s on Crossville Road [MENU] instead of
The Diner at Northpoint. No advance payment required, we will order from menu.
We have a large comfortable room with multiple TVs. It is going to be a good party and we will pass sign up sheet on Sunday. (Any previous checks will be returned). For questions contact Claudia Phelps
New Bible Studies for 2018
Start the new year by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of RUMC’s Bible studies. For information go to rumc.com/biblestudies
RUMC Margaret Mitchell House Tour
Tickets for the tour are $7.50 and lunch will be on your own. Please sign up by January 19th, tickets have to be purchased in advance.
Thanks to CUC
As we are planning for the CUC – sponsored February Murphy Harpst birthday party on February 10, the Murphy Harpst staff and residents again thank CUC for the generous donation at Christmas of close to 250 towels and washcloths, plus puzzles, stuffed animals, and games.
Please continue to use the Murphy Harpst tags each time you shop at Publix.
Also keep collecting those Boxtops for Education to place in the basket available each week at CUC.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Jim Adcock still recovering at Northside Forsyth from his hip fracture and will be soon be transferring to a rehab facility
- Donna Grosse for continued good recovery following gall bladder removal
- Johnny Johnson for good recovery following knee replacement
- Hugh Gardner’s 58 year-old brother with recurrent cancer requiring major surgery.
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Mike Story – January 14
- Julian Belote – January 17
- Wednesday, January 24 – Margaret Mitchell House Tour
- Sunday, February 4 – CUC Superbowl Party
- Saturday, February 10 – Birthday Party at Murphy Harpst
- Saturday, February 10 -Lunches for Learning Valentine’s event at Founder’s Hall
- February 9 -10 RUMC Women’s Retreat
- March 1-4 – Life on Mission: Hope In the Face of Injustice (formerly GIC)
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- Tuesday, February 27- Homestretch Peachtree Tea