When eight days had passed, Jesus’ parents circumcised him and gave him the name Jesus. This was the name given to him by the angel before he was conceived. When the time came for their ritual cleansing, in accordance with the Law from Moses, they brought Jesus up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord. (It’s written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male will be dedicated to the Lord.”) They offered a sacrifice in keeping with what’s stated in the Law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.
Sunday, January 7, 2018
The Rest of the Story
CUC continues the Advent lessons from the Adam Hamilton book “Faithful–Through the Eyes of Joseph”. The lesson this Sunday will be delivered by our own Don McNew. His topic is “The Rest of the Story”. Don always brings us a thought provoking message.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Martha & Bill Thompson and Ann & Don McNew
82 plus 1 visitor = 83 total
CUC Class Contributions
Super Bowl Party 2018
Our CUC Super Bowl Party will be Feb 4, at 5:30, at The Diner at Northpoint. This is the same location where we last year had party for Tom and Gina. The cost will be $23 per person with a cash bar. Checks should be made payable to CUC with Superbowl Party on memo line We will start passing a clipboard and collecting money this Sunday.
For questions contact Claudia Phelps
New Bible Studies for 2018
Start the new year by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of RUMC’s Bible studies.
For information go to rumc.com/biblestudies
RUMC Margaret Mitchell House Tour
Tickets for the tour are $7.50 and lunch will be on your own. Please sign up by January 19th, tickets have to be purchased in advance.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Jim Adcock having surgery today (Friday) at Northside Forsyth Hospital to repair his hip fracture
- Donna Grosse at home following gall bladder removal on Thursday
- Johnie Johnson – (our newest CUC member) coming home today following knee replacement on Thursday.
- Lynn Adcock – follow up CAT scan showing no sign of cancer!
- Jim Boswell – back to class recovered from heart surgery
- Charlotte & Malone Dodson on the birth of their 2nd great-grandson, Walter
- Robert Leckie -back to work
- Lynda Leckie – improving following pneumonia
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Katherine Simons – January10
- Roger Davis – January 11
- Don McNew – January 13
- Johnny Johnson – January 13
- — none —
- Wednesday, January 24 – Margaret Mitchell House Tour
- Sunday, February 4 – CUC Superbowl Party
- Saturday, February 10 -Lunches for Learning Valentine’s event at Founder’s Hall
- February 9 -10 RUMC Women’s Retreat
- March 1-4 – RUMC’s 2018 Global Impact Celebration
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- Tuesday, February 27– Homestretch Peachtree Tea