In those days Caesar Augustus declared that everyone throughout the empire should be enrolled in the tax lists. This first enrollment occurred when Quirinius governed Syria. Everyone went to their own cities to be enrolled. Since Joseph belonged to David’s house and family line, he went up from the city of Nazareth in Galilee to David’s city, called Bethlehem, in Judea. He went to be enrolled together with Mary, who was promised to him in marriage and who was pregnant.
Sunday, December 31, 2017
Happy New Year!
The Journey to Bethlehem
Although Advent traditionally ends on December 24, CUC will continue the Advent lessons through the beginning of January.
The teacher for this Sunday is our own John Sharp. John continues the Advent series with the fourth chapter entitled “The Journey to Bethlehem” from the Adam Hamilton Advent series of “Faithful – Christmas Through the Eyes of Joseph”.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Norma Taylor and Judy & Sieg Hoogstraal
CUC Class Contributions
Thanks to Charlie Mason for keeping up with the weekly contributions and his excellent accounting of CUC’s funds.
Welcome Our New CUC Members!
Donna & Johnny Johnson
New Year’s Eve at RUMC
There will be just one service on Sunday, December 31st, and that will be at 11:00 AM in the sanctuary.
New Bible Studies for 2018
Start the new year by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of RUMC’s Bible studies.
For information go to rumc.com/biblestudies
RUMC Margaret Mitchell House Tour
Tickets for the tour are $7.50 and lunch will be on your own. Please sign up by January 19th, tickets have to be purchased in advance.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Jim Boswell for recovery of strength following heart surgery
- Robert Leckie – in Northside Hospital with complications of the flu
- Lynda Leckie for quick recovery from pneumonia
- Martha Jane Mason on the loss of her 99 year old mother
- Bonnie White recovering from pneumonia
- Lynn Adcock recovering of mobility as she has further physical therapy
- The happy occasion of the marriage of Sharon & Tom Erdman’s daughter on Saturday
- Julianna Goodson’s son-in-law finally being able to put weight on his foot months after auto accident
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- December 31 – Donna Grosse, Vince Grosse
- January 3 – Susan Emmons, Sandy Martin, Gloria Stadler
- January 5 – Norma Hills, Sue Waite
- January 6 – Sara Beecham, Jill Head, Donna Johnson
- Lynn & Dave Roberts – January 3, 1961 – 57 years!
- Wednesday, January 24 – Margaret Mitchell House Tour
- Saturday, February 10 – Lunches for Learning Valentine’s event at Founder’s Hall
- February 9 -10 RUMC Women’s Retreat
- March 1-4 – RUMC’s 2018 Global Impact Celebration
- Saturday, April 14 – Homestretch 2018 Run the River
- Tuesday, February 27 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea