When Mary his mother was engaged to Joseph, before they were married, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Joseph her husband was a righteous man. Because he didn’t want to humiliate her, he decided to call off their engagement quietly. As he was thinking about this, an angel from the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, Joseph son of David, don’t be afraid to take Mary as your wife, because the child she carries was conceived by the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you will call him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
Sunday, December 17, 2017
Raising a Child Not Your Own
Our own John Phelps will lead us in the Advent lesson “Raising A Child Not Your Own” as we continue the Adam Hamilton series “Faithful, Christmas Through the Eyes of Joseph”. The Chapter we missed last week because of the snow event will be presented next Sunday, December 24th.
Although Advent traditionally ends on December 24, CUC will continue the Advent lessons through the beginning of January. RUMC has a full complement of worship services on both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Rose & Jim Lappe and Dee & Bill Scott
(cancelled due to snow)
CUC Class Contributions
A White Christmas Continues for Murphy Harpst
Because we missed a Sunday due to the snow we still have one more Sunday for the decorated white hamper to still be in our CUC classroom before this Christmas White Towel Shower ends. Keep those wash cloths and towels coming!
Thank you, CUC members, for your terrific response to the White Towel Shower organized to fulfill a request from Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center. Thanks especially to Dave and Normal Hills, John and Claudia Phelps for their leadership these past several Sundays.
After December 17 a second delivery will be arranged with our contact person, Pam Kramer. The class will receive a complete report on goods delivered. In addition to towels, some CUC members also donated items like puzzles and costume jewelry. You people have such warm hearts for needy young people!
Christmas Festival Concert
Because our Sanctuary was without power with the snow storm last weekend , the Christmas Festival Concert has been rescheduled for this Friday, Dec. 15, at 7:30 p.m. No tickets necessary.
CUC Prayer Requests
- Lynn Adcock for recovery of mobility as she has further physical therapy
- Jim Boswell following a successful unprecedented 8-hour heart surgery on Thursday at Piedmont Hospital. He is currently in ICU
- Linda Boswell as she deals with pain from a herniated disc
- Bob Davis – to continue improvement following recent fall as he seeks treatment for Parkinson’s
- Betty Smith’s family and children in the death of their father last week
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- — none —
- Marianna & Fred Brown – December 18, 1966 – 51 years!
- December 15 – 7:30 PM Christmas Festival Concert
- December 16 – Evening in Bethlehem
- December 17 – Messiah Sing-a-long 3 PM
Christmas Eve Services – December 24, 2017
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome Home Nine-Thirty Contemporary Service (Sanctuary) Dr. Tom Davis Full Roswell Kids programming for birth – fifth grade- live streamed at rumc.com/live
- 11 a.m. Traditional Service (Sanctuary) Dr. Tom Davis- Full Roswell Kids programming for birth – fifth grade- live streamed at rumc.com/live
- 11 a.m. Chapel Roswell (Chapel)-Rev. Eric Lee-Full Roswell Kids programming for birth – fifth grade- live streamed at chapelroswell.com/live
- 4 p.m. Family Worship Service with Candlelight (Sanctuary) Dr. Tom Davis -Childcare available for birth – five years old-Doors open at 3:30 p.m.- live streamed at rumc.com/live
- 6 p.m. Traditional Candlelight Service (Sanctuary) Dr. Tom Davis – Childcare available for birth – five years old-This service will be live streamed at rumc.com/live
- 11 p.m. Candlelight & Communion (Chapel)-Dr. Tom Davis