He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?” “No, they answered” Then he said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.”
Sunday, November 26, 2017
By Water and the Spirit
Lets finish up the Thanksgiving Holiday with a bang!
Scott Dickson returns and talks about his “the Bucket List of Holy Places” [AUDIO]
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Linda & Jim Boswell, Diane Stephens and Daphne Fradl
November 19, 2017
105 Members + 1 Teacher + 1 Guest = 107 Total.
CUC Class Contributions
November 19 – $100
CUC Christmas Party
We’ve had a great sign-up for our CUC Christmas Party on December 4th. One hundred and six classmates have signed-up, and it is still not too late to put your names on the list.
The cocktail hour begins at 6:00 P.M. with a selection of passed hors d ‘oeuvres, followed by dinner at 7:00 in the ballroom. The menu includes a carving station with prime angus loin and turkey, holiday salad, two vegetables, pasta, and artisanal breads. There will be a cheesecake station and a gourmet coffee and tea station with Italian syrups, etc.
After dinner, there will be a short program followed by dancing and fellowship. We will have a “white elephant” pass-a-long, and you will be provided bags during Sunday School for this event. So, dig out your Uncle Odell’s gift of a tie from last year or Aunt Opal’s hand knitted socks and prepare to have some fun with your friends.
The cost is $39.00 per person, and payment is due by Sunday Nov. 26th. Make checks payable to CUC. Please call Vince or Donna Grosse if you have any questions. We would greatly appreciate everyone bringing a check this coming Sunday, as we will begin making the final arrangements with the club the following week. Additionally, anyone who didn’t pick up a bag for your “white elephant present” last Sunday should do so this Sunday. Dress for the party is “Christmas Casual or Festive Semi-Formal.”
Directions to the Metropolitan Club: Go north on GA-400 and exit onto Windward Parkway. Go east (right) on Windward approximately .4 mile to Edison Drive. Turn right and then right again into the parking lot. The club is located to the left of the foyer on the first floor of this building. The address is: 5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta.
CUC Social Committee at Work
The social committee is already at work planning for a CUC class outing to The Lion King at the Fox sometime between the 10th and 28th of January.
A White Christmas for Murphy Harpst
Pam Kramer, the Director of Community Engagement, has sent her thanks to the CUC class of RUMC for the towels and other items delivered on November 17.
“The towels are AWESOME!!! We already accounted for everything, labeled them and provided them to the cottages. Your class is amazing! There were 112 big, fluffy towels, washcloths, candy and much appreciated MP3 players.”
CUC’ers, we have a few Sundays to go before this Christmas White Towel Shower ends. Keep those wash cloths and towels coming. Another delivery will be made to M-H after December 10. Thank you, every one, for your generous donations!
Pam said 19 children were discharged last month and 19 others were received. That’s quite a number to provide clothes and immediate needs for as these new residents come to Murphy Harpst without a thing.
In addition, Murphy Harpst maintains a Point Store where, as a special reward for good behavior, children can choose to get rewards like candy, Gatorade, MP3s, etc. For this Point Store, the staff would appreciate any such donations you are moved to provide.
If you ordered pecans from the Discovery Class they can be to be picked up at the church office 9-4:30.
Christmas Tree/Wreath Sale to Support RUMC Youth Missions
It is that time again! Those of us who have purchased trees and wreaths from our youth in the past highly recommend them for their high quality and freshness. In addition this is a great way to support our RUMC youth. The order deadline will be Sunday, Nov. 26. Tree or wreath pick up is on Saturday, Dec. 2, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary parking lot.
To order, complete a paper form,and please put it in the offering plate on Sunday or bring it to the main church office or the youth office. Or to order online, go to www.rumc.com/trees. Contact Jill Cosgrove with any questions at email@example.com
RUMC Christmas at Callanwolde Tour
Join us December 11th at 10 am, on a tour of The Christmas at Callanwolde Designer Show House– an Atlanta holiday tradition for 40 years! Visitors of all ages will enjoy touring the 27,000 square-foot historic mansion elaborately decorated by Atlanta’s top interior and floral designers, as well as professional holiday displays, an expansive artists’ market, and themed events for all ages. Every room inspires and captures the spirit of the season.
After the tour we will have lunch at Murphy’s (https://www.murphys-atlanta-restaurant.com/lunch-menu). Tour tickets are $15 and lunch will be on your own.You are able to register and pay online at www.rumc.com/tour Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.261.1796
Little Things Mean a Lot!
145 Operation Christmas Child boxes have been collected. There may be more, Waiting for a final count from Lynn.
For the benefit of Red Bird Mission School, please continue to clip Box Tops for Education bring them to class.
Labels for Education bar codes are still accepted until December 1, 2017, so any brought to CUC will be sent in before then.
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
- Bob Davis – who recently had two falls, and is now doing rehab
- Nancy Van Horn Brother – has a severe sinus infection and a low blood platelet count.
- Carolyn Batterson Is Hopefully home and recovering. They may need some meals.
- Lynn Adcock as she continues to recover from effects of chemo and radiation
- Betty Hunt – Pray for her continued good recovery and she is pain free in her leg!
- Laverne Lamb eye surgery went well to repair a hole in her retina
- Alan Adcock, son of Lynn and Jim, is home from the Hospital and the bleeding has stopped.
- Mary Serafina‘s daughter Pam Pruitt who will be having chemo through the middle of December
- Jack and Gloria Stadler – their home was hit by a tree in the recent windstorm last weekend.
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
- Juliana Goodson‘s daughter and son-in-law have been able to return to their own home, but her son-in-law has developed an infection in his foot which is requiring IV antibiotics
- Nancy Wright’s Cousin is Cancer Free!!
- Lynn Adcock – thanks to class for all the support given her these past 8 months
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Bob Moore – November 26th
- Martha Thompson – November 26th
- Charlotte Dodson – November 29th
- Doug Tatom – November 30th
- Pat & Patrick Cooney – November 26, 1960 – 57 years!
- Martha & Bill Thompson – November 28, 1958 – 59 years!
- Nancy & Johnie Wright – November 28, 1987 – 30 years!
- 146 Years of Wedded Bliss this week!!!!!
- December 3 – MOS Christmas Light Concert 3 PM
- December 4 – CUC Christmas Party [Metropolitan Club]
- December 8 – 7 PM Christmas Festival Concert
- December 10 – 3 PM Christmas Festival Concert
- December 12 – Wright’s Christmas Open House
- December 17 – Messiah Sing-a-long 3 PM
- December 17 – Evening in Bethlehem – 4 – 6:30 PM