I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do His work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve Him. Oh how generous and gracious our Lord was. He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 1:12 & 14
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Never Too Late to Have a Purpose
We will have one of CUC’s favorite speakers this Sunday. Rusty Gordon is our speaker and his topic is “Never Too Late to Have a Purpose”!
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Robin Hicks, Jane Bailey, Louise Booysen, and Jan Ligon.
CUC Class Attendance Sunday, September 17
84 members, 2 teachers = 86
CUC Class Contributions Sunday, September 17
The CUC offering totaled $77.
Also, an additional $3,193.85 in checks was received for UMCOR disaster relief. This brings the total amount of CUC contributions to UMCOR to $18,029.85.
Excerpts from Thank You Letter from Brian Scales
Brian Hampton and I had such a nice time visiting CUC and are so grateful for the opportunity to share in great detail the mission of Murphy-Harpst. You continue to be so generous and supportive, and we look forward to doing even more with you all.
Thanks also, for the incredible gift to Murphy-Harpst. Your continuing generosity is literally saving the lives of our children and giving them the hope and healing they deserve. I hope to see you in February if you’re able to come out for the birthday celebration CUC is doing in Cedartown.
Time for CUC Small Group Dinners!
These gracious events give CUC’ers a chance to gather in smaller groups and really get to know one another. The host household provides the entree and each guest brings a side dish. The host family finds a good date for all guests assigned to them and they organize the menu. If you don’t have a chance to sign up in class, please contact Mary Serafina or Kris Taylor. You’ll be glad you did!
Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
The 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament to benefit The RUMC Foundation, Inc. is set for Monday Oct. 9, 2017. For full information on our 80th birthday tribute opportunity in honor of Dr. Malone Dodson. Information/ Registration:www.rumc.com/golf.
RUMC October Senior Day Trip
Join us for a tour of the Center for Civil and Human Rights, October 16th. We will have lunch at Mellow Mushroom following the tour. The tour is $14 and lunch will be on your own. For more information about the Center for Civil and Human Rights visit: https://www.civilandhumanrights.org/. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 770-261-1796.
Get Your Cans To Church!
Remember September is the month RUMC collects food for North Fulton Charities.
Operation Christmas Child
It is time to start gathering items for Operation Christmas Child. Lynn Roberts will be ordering boxes for CUC members to fill.
Little Things Mean a Lot!
Please continue collecting the Boxtops labels found on many products. Labels for Education are not printed on as many grocery items any more, but they will be accepted at Red Bird School until the end of 2017.
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
- Lynn Adcock as she has had her final course of chemo and awaits further testing.
- Beth Hamilton for relief of pain from fractured pelvis. Full recovery will take a good 8 weeks.
- Terry Taylor – for a good recovery as he regains his strength following surgery
- Scott Woodison – for continued good recovery following his surgery. Scott thanks the class for cards and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
- Sue Gardner’s brother who has now developed graft vs. host syndrome following his bone marrow transplant
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
- Betty and Don Gay – now at Cottonwood Retirement Community
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Beth Hamilton – Sept. 24
- Carolyn Batterson– Sept. 24
- Mary Kay Mills -Sept. 28
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournaments
- October 16 – Center for Civil and Human Rights day trip,
- October 21 – Great Day of Service
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College