But even when I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal His son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News to the Gentiles.
Sunday, September 3, 2017
This Sunday Doris Westbrook [Audio], [PRINT LIST] who holds the record of being the person who has been a member of RUMC longer than anyone else alive, will be our speaker. We have enjoyed her lessons previously and look forward to hearing what she has to say, at nearly 97, about “Childlike Faith”.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Beth & Bob Hamilton and Bettie & John Goss.
CUC Class Attendance Sunday, August 27
81 members, 2 visitors, total 83
CUC Class Contributions Sunday, Aug. 27
Thank our outgoing CUC president, Kris Taylor, who has provided scriptures or quotations for our CUC newsletter each week.
- Lynn Adcock as she continues her recovery
- Betty Gay as she recovers from a broken hip. The Gays are now at Cottonwood Retirement Community, 255 Vaughan Drive, Apt. 226, Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Carolyn Batterson – for a good recovery following successful placement of aortic stent and a fall.
- Norma Hills – for diagnosis and relief of back and leg pain and mobility issues
- Laverne Lamb – for regaining strength after completing a course of IV antibiotics
- Terry Taylor – for a good recovery as he regains his strength at home following surgery. His progress is slow but sure.
- MariAnna Brown‘s brother for a good recovery following a liver transplant
- Sue Gardener asks for prayers for her brother Dave Dowling who has continuing medical issues following bone marrow transplant
- Susan Emmons requests prayers for her cousin’s nephew Larry LeTurmy with fractured vertebrae after his car went off a north Georgia cliff and also for a neighbor facing eviction.
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
As we pray for those affected by Hurricane Harvey and the aftermath of this storm know that through your generosity, RUMC financially supports the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), a team already on the ground in Houston providing relief to victims.
If you feel led to do more, you can support those in need financially by indicating #901670 or “Disaster Relief” on the memo line of your check written to RUMC or by choosing “Disaster Relief” if making a donation online through rumc.com/give. 100% of the money you give to UMCOR in this offering is given to help those in flooded areas. Administrative costs have been paid separately.
You may also participate in our “Flood Bucket” efforts. Visit www.rumc.com/hurricanerelief to learn more. CUC will be taking up a special offering.
New Adult Bible Studies and Classes
As a church, we are called to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We hope you will join us for one of the bible study opportunities coming up this fall here at RUMC as we seek to grow in our knowledge of God, scripture, and faith.
With a variety of topics, each of these classes will engage in deep study, rich discussion, and communal prayer as participants learn and grow together. Go to rumc.com/bible-studies studies or pick up a booklet in the lobby to learn more.
Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
The 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament to benefit The RUMC Foundation, Inc. is set for Monday Oct. 9, 2017. Last Chance! We are offering a special discount for RUMC Members if you register by Aug. 31. Check out our 80th birthday tribute opportunity in honor of Dr. Malone Dodson. Information/ Registration: www.rumc.com/golf.
Child Development Center Also Celebrates Malone Dodson
Malone Dodson’s 80th birthday is also being celebrated with a benefit for Roswell’s Child Development Center. This will be an event on Sunday, September 17th, at the home of Mayor Jere & Claudia Wood, 10850 Stroup Road, (fish fry, beer, wine, and dancing. $80/person. Tickets: http//bit.ly/MaloneDodsonBirthday
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue collecting the Boxtops labels found on many products. Labels for Education are not printed on as many grocery items any more, but they will be accepted at Red Bird School until the end of 2017.
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
- Laverne Lamb – Sept. 3
- Bill Scott – Sept. 5
- Virginia Hardy – Sept. 5
- Bob Carpenter– Sept. 9
- Gloria & Jack Stadler – Sept. 4, 1954 – 63 years!
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournaments
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College