A child of God never prays to be conscious that God answers prayer, he is so restfully certain that God always does answer prayer.
— Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest
Sunday, August 20, 2017
You Will Be My Witnesses
Dave Mueller will be our CUC speaker again for this Sunday. He will be joined by Beth Cayce who was instrumental in establishing our RUMC mission outreach of Divine Providence Training School for pastors in Kenya. Their subject will be “You Will Be My Witnesses
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Sharon & Tom Erdman and Lenna & John Sharp
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, August 13
Total 95, 94 members and 1 teacher
CUC Class Contributions
Sunday, Aug. 13 — $82
- Lynn Adcock as she has another course of chemo this coming week.
- Betty Gay who fell and broke her hip. The Gays are now at Cottonwood Retirement Community in Alpharetta.
- Carolyn Batterson – for uneventful recovery following placement of aortic stent.
- Laverne Lamb – for regaining strength after completing a course of IV antibiotics
- Terry Taylor – for a good recovery after his surgery this past Wednesday
- Judy & Dal Zierk – on the passing of Judy’s mother on Wednesday
- MariAnna Brown‘s brother for a good recovery following a liver transplant
- Sue Gardener asks for prayers for her brother Dave Dowling for good results and recovery from his bone marrow transplant.
- Lynn Adcock – well enough to be back to CUC Class last week for the first time since March
Ongoing CUC Prayer Request
- Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone Assisted Living in Roswell.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
CUC’s Children in Worldwide Missions
Lynn & Dave Robert’s daughter Beth Roberts Ondrus left Thursday night for Thailand and Phnon Penh, Cambodia to attend an international Conference on Worldwide Human Trafficking Problems. Beth has built and operates a store within her church in Naperville, Illinois where they sell items made by people rescued from Human Trafficking. She is also on the Board of Shrishti International who along with other organizations operate Refugee Centers where they are taught skills, or use skills they have to make items to sell to earn money and be able to support themselves and families as well as provide housing for them.
Linda & Jim Boswell’s granddaughter, Courtney Cox, Jackson MS. will be returning to the US on Friday after spending a year on the World Race program sponsored by Adventures in Mission. She has been in eleven different countries for about one month at a time working with teams in teaching English, orphanages, construction, evangelism, and rights of women and children. Next January, she will enter Dallas Theological Seminary to earn a master’s degree in Christian counseling.
Be inspired to serve like Jesus in our church and community. As Linda King announced in CUC Class , you are invited to this “Multiply” event on Saturday, August 26, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm in the chapel for breakfast and lunch and a time of worship with Tom Davis, author Jo Saxton, Tom Alterman, and the Chapel Roswell Band. To register go to rumc.com/multiply.
New Adult Bible Studies and Classes
As a church, we are called to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We hope you will join us for one of the bible study opportunities coming up this fall here at RUMC as we seek to grow in our knowledge of God, scripture, and faith. With a variety of topics, each of these classes will engage in deep study, rich discussion, and communal prayer as participants learn and grow together. Go to rumc.com/bible studies or pick up a booklet in the lobby to learn more.
Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
The 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament to benefit The RUMC Foundation, Inc. is set for Monday Oct. 9, 2017. We are offering a special discount for RUMC Members if you register by Aug. 31. Check out our 80th birthday tribute opportunity in honor of Dr. Malone Dodson. Information/ Registration: www.rumc.com/golf.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Thank you, CUC members, for participating in a project that helps Red Bird Mission School in rural Kentucky. The Labels for Education that we have sent to this school are among the 1,500,000 required for the school to be awarded a new school van by the Campbell Company. This van will provide transportation for students depending on this school for their education and also for trips students make during the year. Labels for Education are not printed on as many grocery items any more, but they will be accepted at Red Bird School until the end of 2017. Any you have will be sent for other needs there.
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
- Daphne Fradl – August 23
- Betty Gay – August 25
- Martha Jane & Charlie Mason –August 24, 1968 –49 years
- Judy & Sieg Hoogstraal – August 23, 2008 – 9 years
- Aug 26 – Multiply!
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College