Let each of us please his neighbor for His good, to build him up.”
Romans 15:2 ESV
Sunday, July 16, 2017
What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality?
The teacher for CUC class this week and next is Alexander Thomson who has taught our class previously. His topic is “What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality?”. (It’s not what you think – Listen: Part 1 , Part 2 )
Alexander is a member of the Bereans Class and a Stephen minister.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Gale & Roger Davis and Martha & Bill Thompson.
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, July 9
86 members + 2 visitors + teacher = 89
Welcome our new CUC Members!
Sunday, July 9
New CUC Officers Announced
The officers for the CUC class for this coming year, beginning in August have been announced. They are:
- President Tom Knight,
- Vice president – Sara Beecham,
- Treasurer – Charlie Mason,
- Program – George Waite, Lynn Adcock, and Don McNew.
Please contact Kris Taylor if you would like to serve in any of the other positions and committees.
CUC Wednesday Night Out
If you do not sign up in Sunday school and want to attend, call Grady or Pat Phillips,770-587-5392.
42 CUC members attended our dinner at Altobeli’s this past Wednesday.
MUST Summer Lunch Program
Thanks to our fine Summer Lunch leadership team, Jeff and Lesleigh Coelho and Bill and Sandy Griffin. Our CUC team of volunteers will put together the lunch bags again this week on July 18, and then again August 1.
Please volunteer to help on those days.
Job Networking Party
Bob Schnackenberg encourages all CUC members who have helped with Job Networking to plan to came to the Job Networking party at Katherine & Craig Simons’ home on July 26. Sign up with Karen Griggs in the Job Networking office.
Summer 2017 Mission Close-Ups!
RUMC is blessed to work alongside some amazing local mission partners. We are offering a way for you to get some hands-on knowledge about our agencies. These tours will last up to an hour and will give you a deeper understanding of what they do and who they reach. All tours except 7/25 will be held at the agency. Please go to rumc.com/serve to learn more/sign up for one or more of the tours:
- Tues. 7/25 – Action Ministries(RUMC B246)
- Wed. 7/26 – Family Promise (D137 – The Dod)
Meet Me In St. Louis
Tickets for Acting Up’s summer musical, Meet Me In St. Louis, Thursday July 27 and Friday, July 28 at 7:00 PM , Saturday, July 29, 1:00 and 5:00 and Sunday , July 30, at 4:00, July 27-30, are on sale.
Get your tickets in the south lobby as you leave the sanctuary on Sunday, or call the box office at 678.871.7766 or order at itickets.com.
Upscale Garage Sale Preparations
Two weeks away!! Continue gathering your treasures for the Garage Sale Extravaganza Aug. 3-5! Continue putting aside your good stuff to sell. Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Gale Davis who handles the clothing room asks that we bring in our clothing to be sold on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, August 1, on hangers please!
Job Networking will be collecting items on all Sundays in July . Items can be dropped off behind the Chapel building from 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. All loose items in stack-able boxes.
RUMC Trip to Atlanta History Center
Join a group from RUMC Wednesday, August 16 for a tour of the Atlanta History Center. Admission is $13 per person. Lunch will be at Smokebelly BBQ and will be paid individually. We will leave from the parlor at 9:00 am. To make reservations, email@example.com
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
For Red Bird Missions watch for those Boxtops For Education and Labels for Education (include the bar code) for Betty Hunt
- Lynn Adcock – pray for her as she has another course of chemo this coming week.
- Betty Hunt – for relief of continuing back and leg pain.
- Bob Schnackenberg’s son Todd with seriously injured hand from power washer, now suffering also from Shingles
- Julian Belote – back to CUC after good recovery from knee replacement surgery
- Brenda Burrell – her foot is healing well with little pain following foot surgery
- Bob Burrell’s Crone’s disease is in remission and he has gained back 40 pounds
- Keith Stump will be released from Salt Lake City Hospital on Friday following serious bout with pneumonia, flying home on Monday
- Tom Knight and Bob Moore survived the Peachtree Road Race!
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone assisted living in Roswell. (2 blocks behind Hooters!) Any volunteers to bring Frank to CUC and church?
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- PD May – July 18
- Edna Smith – July 20
- Kathy Carpenter – July 22
- Linda Cantrell – July 22
- PD & Shirley May – July 19, 1958- 59 years !!
- July 27-30 – “Meet Me In St. Louis”
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College