Christ has turned all of our sunsets into dawn.
Clement of Alexandria, Greek saint
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Digging Deeper Part 2
Sally Dowland will conclude her 2 week series on “Digging Deeper”. She will continue to explore the “little words” and reference in the Bible and describe how archaeological discoveries can bring a new depth to the understanding of the Bible’s familiar texts. Last week was quite interesting. This should be too.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Martha Jane & Charlie Mason and Ann & Don McNew .
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, July 2
84 members, 2 visitors, 1 teacher = total of 87
Sunday, July 2
CUC Wednesday Night Out
On next Wednesday, July 12, our CUC Wednesday Night Out resumes at 5:30 pm and we will be at Altobeli’s Italian Restaurant & Piano Bar, 3000 Old Alabama Rd, Johns Creek [MENU] ( corner of Haynes Bridge & Old Alabama). There will be a sign-up sheet in class on Sunday. If you want to come and didn’t sign up, call Larry or Ann Douglas, 770-993-1270, by Noon, Tuesday July 11
MUST Summer Lunch Program
Thanks to our fine leadership team, Jeff and Lesleigh Coelho and Bill and Sandy Griffin, 23 CUC’ers made ham sandwiches and packed 800 lunches again this week! Well done team!
Our CUC team of volunteers will also put together the lunch bags again July 18, and August 1. Please volunteer to help on those days.
Job Networking Party
Bob Schnackenberg encourages all CUC members who have helped with Job Networking to plan to came to the Job Networking party at Katherine & Craig Simons’ home on July 26. Sign up with Karen Griggs in the Job Networking office.
Summer 2017 Mission Close-Ups!
RUMC is blessed to work alongside some amazing local mission partners. We are offering a way for you to get some hands-on knowledge about our agencies. These tours will last up to an hour and will give you a deeper understanding of what they do and who they reach. All tours except 7/25 will be held at the agency. Please go to rumc.com/serve to learn more/sign up for one or more of the tours:
- Tues. 7/11 – The Drake House
- Wed. 7/12 – HomeStretch
- Tues. 7/25 – Action Ministries(RUMC B246)
- Wed. 7/26 – Family Promise (D137 – The Dod)
Upscale Garage Sale Preparations
Three weeks away!! Continue gathering your treasures for the Garage Sale Extravaganza Aug. 3-5! Continue putting aside your good stuff to sell. Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Gale Davis who handles the clothing room asks that we bring in our clothing to be sold on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, August 1, on hangers please!
Job Networking will be collecting items on all Sundays in July . Items can be dropped off behind the Chapel building from 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. All loose items in stack-able boxes.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
For Red Bird Missions watch for those Boxtops For Education and Labels for Education (include the bar code) for Betty Hunt
- Lynn Adcock – pray for her as she takes a break from chemo and radiation and regains strength.
- Julian Belote – for continued good recovery following knee replacement surgery
- Brenda Burrell – for a fast recovery following foot surgery
- Betty Hunt – for relief of continuing back and leg pain.
- Johnie Wright’s mother, near death a few weeks ago, has recovered and returned home
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone assisted living in Roswell. (2 blocks behind Hooters!) Any volunteers to bring Frank to CUC and church?
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Craig Simons – July 11
- Jack Stadler – July 15
- Malone Dodson – July 15
- Donna & Vince Grosse – July 11, 1965- 52 years!
- Lena & John Sharp – July 11, 1964 – 53 years!
- Betty & Larry Hunt – July 13, 1963 – 54 Years!
- July 27-30 – “Meet Me In St. Louis”
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College