If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2
Sunday, June 25, 2016
Reflections on the Right Order of Things
Our CUC speaker this week will be our own Tom Knight who has chosen as his subject “Reflections on the Right Order of Things” based on the book by Dr. Jim McCormick ,
The Right Order of Things- A Christian Theology for the Rest Of Us. Tom always brings us an interesting lesson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Pat & Pat Cooney and Shirley & P.D. May.
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, June 18
93 members, 3 visitors and 1 speaker = * 97 *
CUC Collection Report
Sunday, June 18
Welcoming Tom and Gina
There will be a scroll outside the CUC Classroom this Sunday for CUC members to sign which will be presented to welcome Tom and Gina Davis when they begin their ministry at RUMC in a few weeks.
Save the date,Wednesday, June 28, 2017,5:30 pm for our buffet dinner for CUC to welcome our new minister, Tom Davis and his wife Gina. They will be our guests. The cost is $23 per person. We would like all money turned in by this Sunday for those who are attending. Claudia Phelps and MariAnna Brown are planning this event.
The event will be at The Diner at North Point, 2355 Mansell Rd. Alpharetta. We will also have a box to collect welcome notes, cards, etc. in the CUC Class (or people may bring them in the night of the dinner). It looks like it is going to be a good party!
There were 33 CUC members out to dinner this past Wednesday night. Thank you to Larry & Ann Douglas and Pat & Grady Phillips who have been coordinating our CUC Dinners Out this summer.
- For planning purposes you should know that there will not be a Wednesday Night Out dinner on June 28 or July 5.
MUST Summer Lunch Program
Our CUC team of volunteers will put together the lunch bags on July 6, July 18, and August 1. The Griffins and Coelhos are co-chairing the organization and implementation for CUC to participate in the MUST lunch program.
CUC Fall Retreat Deposits are Due
Everyone who plans to attend the retreat at Berry College in the fall should bring or mail their deposit checks by the end of June to Sara or Paul Beecham for their retreat confirmation .
We may not be able to hold your spot without a deposit. ($75 per person; $150 per couple).
Trip to Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers
Join a group from RUMC Thursday, June 29 at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA. Lunch will be at Blue Willow Inn [MENU]. The tour is free, lunch is paid individually. We will leave from the parlor at 9:00 am. Reservations, Andrea Cummings, email@example.com
Summer 2017 Mission Close-Ups!
RUMC is blessed to work alongside some amazing local mission partners. We are offering a way for you to get some hands-on knowledge about our agencies. These tours will last up to an hour and will give you a deeper understanding of what they do and who they reach. All tours except 7/25 will be held at the agency. Please go to rumc.com/serve to learn more/sign up for one or more of the tours:
- Tues. 7/11 – The Drake House,
- Wed. 7/12 – HomeStretch,
- Tues. 7/25 – Action Ministries(RUMC),
- Wed. 7/26 – Foster Care Support Foundation
36th Annual Roswell Patriotic Celebration Concerts
The Roswell Patriotic Celebration Concerts will be this Friday, June 23, at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, June 25, at 3 p.m. It is always a wonderful celebration of our country.
Meet Me In St. Louis
Tickets for Acting UP’s summer musical, Meet Me In St. Louis, July 27-30, are on sale. Call the box office at 678.871.7766 or order at itickets.com.
Upscale Garage Sale Preparations
Continue gathering your treasures for the Garage Sale Extravaganza Aug. 3-5!
August will be here before you know it! Continue putting aside your good stuff to sell. Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House which Nancy and Johnie Wright are collecting.
For Red Bird Missions watch for those Boxtops For Education and Labels for Education (include the bar code) for Betty Hunt
- Lynn Adcock – pray for her as she continues radiation.
- Julian Belote – for a good recovery following knee replacement surgery last Monday. He is home from the hospital. He is very appreciative of the cards, prayers and calls.
- Brenda Burrell – for a good recovery following foot surgery this past Wednesday
- Betty Hunt – for relief of continuing back and leg pain
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro – at Hearthstone assisted living in Roswell. (2 blocks behind Hooters!) Any volunteers to bring Frank to CUC and church?
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Jackie Hubbard expresses her thanks to CUC members for their support during her recent difficult recovery following knee surgery
- Beverly Tatom – June 26
- Caryn Woodison – July 1
- Dick Anthony – July 1
- Charlotte & Malone Dodson – June 28, 1959 – 58 years !
- Dee & Bill Scott – June 28, 1997 – 20 years
- June 23, 7:30 p.m., June 25, 3 p.m. – 36th Patriotic Celebration Concerts
- June 28 –Welcome Tom Davis & Gina
- June 29 – RUMC trip to Monastery of the Holy Spirit
- July 27-30 – “Meet Me In St. Louis”
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- October 9 – 20th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College