Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23: 4
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Happy Mothers Day!
“I Don’t Know That”
The lesson this Sunday is given by Art Walsh, RUMC Lay Leader. Art will talk about the recent reorganization of RUMC followed by the lesson entitled “I Don’t Know That”.
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, May 14
100 CUC members + 1 teacher + 1 visitor = 102 total !!
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by MariAnna & Fred Brown, Mary Serafina, and Steve Covert
Wesley Woods Donation
On the recommendation of our treasurer, Charlie Mason, the class approved a Donation to Wesley Woods of $250.
CUC Wednesday Night Dinner
The Wednesday Night Dinner for May 17 at 5:30 will be at:
Provino’s Italian Restaurant
1255 Grimes Bridge Rd, Roswell [MENU]
You may use the signup sheet that will be provided in class Sunday or contact Pat or Grady Phillips at 770-587-5392 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trip to Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers
Join a group from RUMC Thursday, June 29 at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA. Lunch will be at Blue Willow Inn [MENU]. The tour is free, lunch is paid individually. We will leave from the parlor at 9:00 am. Reservations, Andrea Cummings, email@example.com
Upscale Garage Sale
Continue gathering your treasures for the Garage Sale Extravaganza Aug. 3-5! August will be here before you know it! Continue putting aside your good stuff to sell.
Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House
For Red Bird Missions watch for those boxtops and labels for Betty Hunt
- Lynn Adcock – pray for her as she continues daily radiation
- Tom Cantrell – suffering from Spinal Stenosis plus very painful Shingles
- Jackie Hubbard – for a good recovery and relief of pain following her third knee replacement
- Johnie & Nancy Wright – as Johnie’s mother is in her last days
- Judy & Dal Zierck as Judy’s mother’s condition worsens
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro – at Brookdale-Neese Road Assisted Living Facility in Woodstock
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
That several of CUC members’ grandchildren have successfully completed their studies and are graduating from college with the promise of good careers ahead.
- Scott Woodison – May 15
- Sandra Nauman – May 18
- Martha Jane Mason – May 19
- Barbara Davis – May 20
- – none –
- July 27-30 – “Meet Me In St. Louis”
- June 29 – RUMC trip to Monastery of the Holy Spirit
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- November 1,2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College