The crowds that went ahead of him and that followed were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven! Matthew 21:9
Sunday, April 9, 2017 – Palm Sunday
The lesson for Sunday is the continuation of the Lenten series, ’24 Hours that Changed the World.’ Our speaker is our own Charlotte Dodson who will focus on Chapter 6, ‘The Crucifixion’.
Charlotte always gives us an interesting and inspiring lesson and she will be introduced by Malone Dodson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Garlinn & Mike Story and Sue & George Waite
CUC Class Attendance
April 2 – 84 members plus 2 visitors – Total – 86
CUC Small Group Dinners
Here is another opportunity for an evening of food and fellowship at one of our CUC Small Group dinners. The clipboard for signups was passed this Sunday and will be next Sunday also. What a great chance to get to know CUC members better in a smaller setting than on Sunday mornings! For questions or to sign up contact Beth Hamilton.
Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
Garlinn Storey has reminded us to be sure to save the date of Thursday, May 4th as CUC plans to support Believe Ministries with our CUC attendance at this event.
This will be An Evening of Music, Magic, Message and Merriment! The 10th Anniversary Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration, 7 PM in the RUMC Fellowship Hall. The evening will include Christian Illusionist – Greg Davidson, Music, and Singing – with Jane Riley and Greg, A Silent Auction with Big Winners, Coffee and Delicious Desserts.
There will be tables for 8. Tickets are free. Your donation will celebrate 10 amazing years of family and friends supporting the ongoing Christian outreach of Believe Ministries. A Clipboard will be passed this Sunday for reservations. “Only with your help can we continue to share the promise of Jesus Christ at home and around the world.” Jane and Greg.
CUC Fall Retreat
As many of us are looking forward to the CUC fall retreat November 1,2, and 3 (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) at Winshape on the campus of Berry College, Jim Ehlers is asking that anyone who has not yet signed up let him know, and whether singles are planning to share a room, so he has a room count.
Homestretch Run the River Road Race
CUC has always been a big supporter of the big fundraising event, the Road Race. Let’s continue the tradition and donate to the Congregational Challenge supporting Eric Lee for RUMC. RUMC has won the Congregational Challenge every year but one. Let’s keep up our support! Contact George Waite with any questions or pledges.
Also, the CUC Class supports the race with lots of volunteers. Please sign up and help. Tom Knight is collecting names and assigning jobs. The race is April 22 and you’ll be free for the day by about 10:00 a.m! A few volunteers are also needed for jobs leading up to the day.
Upscale Garage Sale
Garage Sale Extravaganza –Aug. 3-5. Continue gathering your treasures!
August will be here before you know it! Start putting aside your good stuff to sell. Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House and bring them in to Nancy Wright.
For Red Bird Missions watch for those boxtops and labels for Betty Hunt.
- Lynn Adcock as she awaits results of her lung biopsy. She continues to run a high fever
- JB & Aldona Titus – Who are are experiencing various health issues as they transition to their new home in Ohio
The Titus’s new address is: 7214 W. Cross Creek Trail, Brecksville, Ohio 44141
- Bev Tatom’s brother-in-law Ron Fox extremely ill with COPD
- Nancy Van Horn’s son, Bob, whose heart problems may require a heart transplant
- Myra Ettenborough, Kris Taylor’s friend to receive her furlough in May in order to get on with her life following undeserved prison time.
- Marlene MacLeod sends the following: Many many thanks to our friends in CUC for the calls, emails, cards, prayers, and good wishes. I’ve been doing physical and occupational therapy every day since I fell more than a month ago, but the pain continues in my shoulder I see the doctor again on Friday and I hope the MRI will determine WHY it still hurts so badly. I’m so grateful for the support and uplifting prayers from CUC. We look forward to returning on April 22. Blessings to you all!
- Cecelia Moore – After a lymph node was found, an ultrasound was done and found to be negative. A follow-up will be done in 3 months
- Wanda Taylor – well-recovered following carotid artery surgery
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Pat Peterson as she continues to deal with health problems
- Frank and Betty Magaro at Brookdale – Neese Road Assisted Living, Woodstock
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Jeff Coelho – Aril 11
- Martha Knight – April 12
- Aldona Titus – April 14
- April 22 – Homestretch Run the River Road Race
- May 4 – Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration.
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- November 1, 2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat- Winshape Center, Berry College