It is written: Man does not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Lenten Series – 24 Hours that Changed the World
Myra Belote will continue with our Lenten Lesson – The Garden of Gethsemane. I am looking forward to Myra’s lesson!
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by
Sandy & Bill Griffin, and Bettie & John Goss.
CUC Class Attendance
March 5, 2017
63 members, no visitors – total 63
Fabulous Fox Theater Tour and Lunch on Crescent Avenue!
Join us Thursday, March 23 for a tour of the Fabulous Fox Theater in downtown Atlanta. Fox Theatre Tours is a 60-minute guided program that will showcase the must-see details of the Fox and its remarkable history. Guests will tour over 10 locations throughout the building – from the orchestra pit and Mighty Mo’, the largest working Moller theater organ in the world to the Men’s Lounge featuring the original furniture chosen by the wife of movie mogul William Fox.
They will also learn the incredible story of how the citizens rose up to save the Fox from the wrecking ball while walking the very same halls as Elvis and The Rolling Stones. Tickets are $15.
Lunch will be on Crescent Avenue where you can choose between South City Kitchen, Tin Lizzy’s, Lure or Front Page News. Vans will park across from Tin Lizzy’s.
Leaving from Parlor at 9:00 am.
Sign up today for this great tour and lunch!
Email Andrea’ Cummings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Honduras Mission Trip
Gale and Roger Davis write that the Honduras mission trip scheduled for April still needs participants!! The missions committee of the church has made some funds available for participants.
The Board of Stewards Meeting Wednesday night voted to help us fund mission trip volunteers! We are REALLY hoping that this new funding will help with individual costs enough that you will now be able to join us! We are short 10 people for our April 20 trip!! To date, 10 of your best friends are signed up! We need you!
There will be a $500 credit toward an RUMC International mission trip for attendance at 4 of the following GIC events : Thursday Men’s or Women’s events, Friday morning Tour, Friday night Poverty simulation, Friday night dinner at Elizabeth Inn, Saturday morning Stop Hunger event, Saturday afternoon block party, any Sunday worship service (volunteering at any event is included) Credit of $250 toward an RUMC International mission trip expense for attendance at 3 of the above mentioned events. Non-transferrable.
Only RUMC members are eligible and, credits only apply to RUMC trips in 2017. Note: this will not be a strenuous trip. We will be on bumpy roads traveling in a van or bus but we can all handle the projects! Complete information can be found at http://wwwrumc.com/honduras
School Supplies for Honduras
Just a reminder for Honduras: School supplies including Elmers Glue (4oz ) and small plush toys($1.).
We are collecting school supplies for our April trip to Honduras. Items needed are crayons, washable markers, glue( sticks and small bottles), pencil sharpeners, pencils and small scissors. Small dolls and/or stuffed animals (dollar type) also appreciated. Just bring to CUC.
Gale and Sandy Griffin
If you and/or your grandchildren would like to make a craft for the children to make just give Gale a call. Any simple craft with the accompanying supplies will be great. We can also use small cosmetic bags. Thank you.
A New Look at The Odd Couple
Acting UP will present Oscar & Felix: A New Look at The Odd Couple March 17-19 at RUMC. Tickets are on sale in the Sanctuary south lobby and online. Friday and Saturday dinner theater shows are $15/30;
Sunday matinee is $10/$25. Details: rumcActingUP.webs.com
Save those Pull Tops and Labels!
Remember to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House in Atlanta and bring them into Nancy Wright. We’re aiming for 10 pounds worth!
And for Red Bird Missions watch for those boxtops and labels!
- Bob Carpenter had surgery for an aortic valve replacement last week. He is home and doing well. Please pray for Bob’s speedy recovery.
- Marlene MacLeod – had a fall Thr Mar 2, and broke her clavicle (the bone connecting the breastbone and the shoulder). Please pray for Marlene and Don.
- Nancy Van Horn – her co-worker Boris, has stage 4 lung cancer, he is still working and has started chemo. Please pray for him and his family.
- Mary Serafina – her friend June’s grandson – Austin McQueen, has bacterial pneumonia and is on a ventilator. Please pray for his recovery.
- Marianna Brown – Brother – Wendell Ladner needs a liver transplant. Please pray for him and his family.
- Linda Leckie – daughter-in-law – Lulu Leckie, is being tested for heart problems. She is in her 50’s. Please pray for good test results.
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Barbara Davis, Pat Peterson, Linda Temples as they continue to deal with health problems
- Frank and Betty Magaro at Brookdale – Neese Road Assisted Living, Woodstock
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Sun Mar 12 – Diane Stephens
- Tue Mar 14 – MariAnna Brown
- Thr Mar 16 – Sandy & Bill Griffin – March 16, 1968 – 49 years
- March 17-19 – Acting UP will present Oscar & Felix: A New Look at The Odd Couple
- March 23 – Fabulous Fox Theater Tour and Lunch on Crescent Avenue
- April 22 – Homestretch Run the River Road Race
- May 4 – Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration.
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- November 1,2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat- Winshape Center, Berry College