The Nurturing Community:
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. – Hebrews 10:25
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. – Philippians 2:3
Sunday, December 18, 2016
The Redemption of Scrooge – Joy
This Sunday Terri Long, wife of Mike Long, will be our speaker for CUC. She will be covering the final chapter in “The Redemption of Scrooge – Joy”.
Be sure to thank Sue & Hugh Gardner and Martha & Bill Thompson who are providing the CUC refreshments this Sunday.
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Total 110 !!!
105 members, 4 guests and 1 teacher
Two seemingly unrelated statements made in CUC last Sunday came together to make a significant impact on a number of class members.
- First, Linda Boswell made a statement about the number of children being adversely affected by the increase in drug use and the limited assistance available to them.
Secondly, Kristin’s (Heiden) message encouraged us to “live in the present” and make the most of it.
- After the class, several folks put those two statements together along with our long time association with Murphy-Harpst Children’s Home, The Methodist Children’s Home, and Foster Care Support Foundation to pose the question: Why don’t we “ live in the present” and do something that contributes to solving a significant problem through organizations we already support?
After discussion with others in CUC leadership, the recommendation is to take a special offering this Sunday to be divided equally between the three organizations mentioned above. To participate please make checks payable to “CUC Class” and indicate on the memo line “Children’s Special”.
This Sunday is the last time we will meet until 2017. Don’t let procrastination be an option to” living in the present”!
Christmas and New Years CUC schedule
CUC will not be meeting on either Christmas Day or New Years Day
A Very Merry Christmas To All
Merry Christmas from the CUC Fellowship Committee. We will pass clipboard for Super Bowl Party on Jan 8. Joyous blessings!
Save the Date!
Save the date of February 5 for a CUC Super Bowl Party! Marianna Brown has announced that the party will be at the Diner at North Point beginning at 5:30 and that CUC will have the whole place to ourselves . Heavy hors’ deurves will be served. $21 per person.
Operation Christmas Child
Thanks for your contributions to Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child. Well over 1,000,000 boxes are on the way from the Atlanta area to children around the world !
Another Christmas for Children Opportunity
The Summer Lunch leadership team volunteered at the Marietta MUST Christmas Toy Shop this past week and the need for toys, blankets and stuffed animals is BIG!
The Marietta MUST Ministry Toy Shop is set up like a department store for Moms, who get to “shop” for their kids for Christmas. Each child gets one “big” toy (a doll, lego set, a skateboard etc), two small toys, a throw blanket and a stuffed animal. If the stuffed animal table is empty when it’s their turn, no animal for their kiddo. A Mom is scheduled to shop every 10 minutes, every day the shop is open, so they go through a lot of stuff very quickly. This table of animals will be gone in an hour.
Want to help? The MUST collection van will be at Roswell United Methodist Church THIS Sunday until 12:30 PM. If you would like to buy some stuffed animals to donate (or toys and blankets, too – they need it all!), just bring them with you to church on Sunday and put them in the back of the van. It will be unlocked and parked near the double doors of the Fellowship Hall
RUMC Name Tags
If you ordered a church name tag and have not received it, it is available for pick up at the Welcome Center in Building A on Sunday mornings. At other times of the week you can be retrieve it from the Church Office in Building B. If your name tag cannot be found, contact Patty Hampton at 770-261-1767. She will determine if it has been ordered or if a new order should be placed.
Trip to Israel Opportunity
Lisa Thomas has let us know that there are four places left on the March 20—30, 2017, “Life of Jesus” trip to Israel with extension to Jordon, arranged by the Biblical History Center in LaGrange. For more information contact Lisa: email@example.com
- Barbara Davis – released from the hospital this week still dealing with severe blood clotting disorder
- Julianna Goodson – for a quick recovery following a fall
- LaVerne Lamb for pain relief and good recovery following shoulder surgery
- Caryn Woodison for improvement of health problems
- Betty Williams at Atria with Health Care assistance
- Betty Dunn – now out of ICU – for continued recovery
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Pat Peterson , Linda Temples as they continue to deal with health problems
- Frank and Betty Magaro at Brookdale – Neese Road Assisted Living, Woodstock
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and difficult decisions at this time
- Marianna & Fred Brown – December 18, 1966 – 50 years!
- December 17 – Wright’s Christmas Open House
- December 18 – 3:00pm – 11th Annual Messiah Sing-a-Long
- February 5, 2017 – CUC Super Bowl Party
- November 1, 2,and 3, 2017 – CUC Annual Retreat- Winshape Center, Berry College